[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - What have I got here ?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What have I got here ?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

And is it worth anything? I rescued this from an old shed I tore down years ago and found it the other day while I was getting some stuff packed up. Yes it has been sharpened and it has pitting but I know it is old and it fits on my Springfield A303

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:02 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

an indian made modified version of the P1907 for the no1 mk3 rifle or 2A/2A1 rifle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:36 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Thank You, I knew somebody here would know. I have searched a bit and not been able to find it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:11 pm 
Major
Major

last ones i bought I got from sarco out of NJ, they were around $30 with no scabbard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:57 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Thanks again, it just sits in my gun room and after the last time I sold bayonets and found out what they were worth after the fact I swore never again.
I actually made a sheath of sorts out of heavy canvas and had it lashed to my pack for a while when I first got it to use as a pig sticker and light chopper until I replaced it with a cut down machete, it worked OK for chopping some palm fronds for making a quick blind for turkey and hog hunting. I had forgotten all about it until I came across it, when I was packing up some gear I think it will go back in the box, someday I might come up with a project for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

it could be the inspiration to buy a nice indian 2A or 2A1 rifle , these are very nice shooters and in 308 will effectively dispatch a nice deer or paper targets as to your desire ,

they also retain that classic no1 enfield look , i no longer own the ones i had , and dont have a photo , but perhaps they might show up in a photo if the right person sees this ,

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:08 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Here is a couple from the Collection.
A cut down pattern'07

And two Ishy Mk IIs

Oh, and another one

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice looking blades , i must one day look at old photo albumns to see if i still have pics of the ones i used to have ,

unless their current owner might stumble on and post current ones ?????..........hint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:13 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

A nice classic .308 that is a real shooter might just be something to think about.

I am in the process of packing up and getting ready to move. Long unpleasant story, but with a good ending I will be leaveing for Maine the second week of September. I think once we get settled and SSI stops playing games with me once we buy a place I think I am going to spend the money I would normally spend on a nice gun and get a decent reloading set up and dies for some of the calibers I shoot the most and cost way to much. 45-70, 30-06, 45 colt and acp and 38 to start. But I do not have a 308 and you have planted a bug. I do love the classic old bolt rifles and really enjoy getting them out in the field and useing them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:04 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Well when you get settled, I have a 2A in 7,62 Nato that you can affix that bayonet on!

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

there ya go ,

move safe , let us know , and settle to the ones that make you happy , its what we do , shoot what makes us happy ,