Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A 1917
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:55 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Nother e-gray purchase. 1918 remington. Does anyone know if the scabbard is issue? Looks like a 1907 scabbard to me? SOG was the seller. Blade has a rough finish to it.

Post subject: Re: A 1917
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well - you have a very interesting one in that the majority were marked M1917 [the correct nomencature] but there was a run of these that were missmarked , makes them a desireable deviant but not particularly more valuable these days , [i do not yet have one , but expect to one day soon]

you have a comnmonwealth scabbord , not so incorrect as one might think by the heritage but yes you need a US scabbord for it ,

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:23 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks A-square10. I thought so but, didn't really know. Guess I did read some were that remington was going to use the actual date then was told to go back to 1917. I was just wanting something to go on my USm1917. hummm. guess i'mon the lookout for a us scabbard. Heck one of those newre contract m8 style[because I don't know the real name], plastic doojobbers would be ok for me. Betting that a period one would be a hand and foot. Well, I'm not a serious collector, I just have to have something to go on the rifles I have. This one is kinda rough really.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:14 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

you should be able to find a second model M1917 for a reasonable sum , or if you care not for originality a nice foreign made ,

as often mentioned by me there were three versions made early for this the type I had a leather back side atachement with wire hanger , the second had the top lip rolled to attach the wire hanger , and the WWII was a fiberglass M3 version with a longer throat - M1917/mfgr printed on it , [subtle differences are important] and later in the viet nam era marked similar but without the mfgr ,

i kick myself daily for trading off my viet nam era bayo and scabod - i really screwwwwwed myself ,