[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - MK 82 and MK 83 training bombs ?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:29 pm 
Major
Major

Has anyone seen any MK 82 500lb or mk 83 1000lb training bombs for sale any place? any idea what they are worth? I have a lead on some and am trying to figure value.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Have not seen any MK 82 or 83s but haver seen 1960's vintage 100 pound practice bombs for $200.00 and a SUU-30 CBU-17b cluster bomb canister listed for $450.00(outer case and fins no fuse or payload) hope that helps some.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 pm 
Major
Major

got a 100lb one already, never seen the big stuff except at some army navy stores and the owners wont sell them. I guess there are a lot of salvage places out west you can find some of the big ones at. I just need to get an idea on value.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:24 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....if I could find Mr Peabody's" Way Back" machine...I'd getcha one... :lol

Image444sm.jpg
Image444sm.jpg [ 280.76 KiB | Viewed 10061 times ]

...though I think these were practice Rockeye's...been a while....cant recall... :thnk:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:31 am 
Major
Major

ok , its actually a MK 87 practice bomb. And I got it! yesterday I went and got it put it in the back of my truck , the tail end was sticking out the back. You should have seen all the looks I got. I could see people with their cell phones taking pictures.

Last edited by subhunter76 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Congrats. finding one, since your first post been hunting around and you are right the few found, the owners have no intention of letting it go. Just out of curiosity did you get it from an person or find it at a storefront location?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:29 pm 
Major
Major

I got it from an army navy store, the owner had bought it 25 years ago and is getting close to retirement age and has been clearing out his decorative stuff. he still has a 1000lb practice bomb still in the metal cage it was shipped to him in. it standing up about 12 feet in the back of the store. I really wanted that one also but I have no place to put something that big right now and it weighs like 300lbs and you would need about 6 people to get it out of there. Maybe if he still has it in a couple of years and I move I will grab it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

there is something along these lines at the unclaimed freight/surplus store down the street , ill try to get a photo and post it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:07 pm 
Major
Major

well I will be in stillwater in september so you will have to let me know where that is . maybe I will find something I can't live without

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:36 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

stillwater is south east of me about an hour and a half , i will get a photo posted :bigrin:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:05 pm 
Major
Major

Well I will be headed out there next Monday for a 3 week training class. I will have to drive up to that place and check it out!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

come up I-94 out of the twin cities , cross over to highway 10 at clearwater-crosslake , head north , exit - benton drive in sauk rapids , its the unclaimed freight/surplus store on the left about three blocks in , its sitting next to the OHD inside the fence , i think there might be a couple others if you ask

let me know - we can meet up

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:24 pm 
Major
Major

I just found out there is a gun show about 70 miles from stillwater at some fairgrounds next weekend, looks like I will be going to that!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:55 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

that sounds to be a good one , wonder if thats the double one that they have in the state fairgrounds ? much closer for you

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 pm 
Major
Major

well I still want to get that store you spoke about

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

up untill a couple weeks ago my office was a few doors down , now its way north of there - i will try to go by and verify stuff is still there but i know it was a couple weeks ago , and for years now

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:21 pm 
Major
Major

was going to try to gert up there today after work but I called and they said all they had was dummy grenades and the other usual stuff. so if you see something let me know.