[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Cutlass

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cutlass
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:39 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Got this today - a Cold Steel cutlass! Pretty darn cool! And sharp! Shown with my Pedersoli flint grinder for size perspective. It's not mine - but I wouldn't mind having one! It would be the ticket for keeping those pesky vacuum sweeper sales people off the front porch! ;) :crzy: :rotflma: SW

zwaard 002 (1024x298).jpg
zwaard 002 (1024x298).jpg [ 181.55 KiB | Viewed 13934 times ]

Post subject: Re: Cutlass
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice , it looks right at home next to that flinter ,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:50 am 
Major
Major

Aye Matey, mighty fine boarding tools you have there...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:24 pm 
The Butcher
The Butcher

HArharhar ....

:crzy: A

Attachments:
j.jpg
j.jpg [ 9.08 KiB | Viewed 13921 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

only nice sword i ever owned was the 1840 heavy cav - just visible right center , dont have much for photos as this now resides with a collector here that seldom has time to visit these days in his busy young life ,

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:38 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

I have this huge pumpkin sitting on my back porch that is just begging to be slaughtered ... I do like pumpkin soup ... Deeheehee ...
:crzy: A

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:24 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Well, finally got round to cleaning the cutlass ... Took me just half an hour with some White Spirit and a roll of toilet paper. The packing grease came off quite easy, it took me so long only becoz I was being careful about that razor edge. Aniways, I'm happy to report I managed to retain all my digits, only made one small clean nick in one finger. It'll heal, no problem. The bluing is quite nice and the wooden handle scales came out a bit more reddish with polishing. Naaize as Borat would say. It fits the scabberd quite tightly, so I must be careful taking it in & out. That blade will rip quite easily through the leather and you wouldn't want that to happen. That would be embarassing. Balance is nowhere as good as my french cavaly saber but manageable. U gotta remember this is a hacking tool, a fighting iron, nothing fancy. Blade lenght seems about appropriate for shipdeck fighting, maybe an inch or 4 shorter would have been more convenient. Well, I supose you have to trust the USN to know what's best for you ;)
In all I'm quite happy about my purchase. THX STEVE !
BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:47 am 

Don't know why they wrapped it in all that plastic - the grease was so thick it reminded me of those Nepali Sniders and Martinis that were soaked in yak fat back in the day.

If I was the pumpkin, I'd be very nervous right now! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:52 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6tl1q8Zu8E

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:54 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

now im hungry for a steak , and a drumstick , bacon wrapped

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:18 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

I'm gonna get rid of that ridiculous tip/knob on the end of the scabbard. Makes it look way too paki. Anyone know how I could make that brass endpiece less shiny? I do know gooseshit would do the trick, but let's keep it real :bigrin:
I might just spray it flat black.

BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:22 pm 

Ammonia darkens brass - you could try a diluted solution of that until the desired shade is achieved. SW