[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Playing with my bayos

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Playing with my bayos
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:03 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I usually have these in a corner of the basement, but I got them upstairs to take a few pics. The rack is an old kitchen spice rack on wheels, but it works well for bayonets too!
I took a few poor shots of the unsheathed bayos. I'll leave them unidentified for a while so you can figure them out. If you get stumped, I'll id them for you.
ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:35 pm 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:39 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:17 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:01 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:15 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:21 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

First off, that's a very nice, very wide collection you've got. I especially like the spice rack display. It's perfect for what I want to do and I can get one used for $5. Perfect. Good idea. Thanks..
I can't name anything that hasn't been named, so no fun from me.
I would like to know who the maker of your T-30 was, and if anybody can give me anything other than "they must have been stuck in the sand" about why every Hakim bayonet I've ever seen looks like yours, and mine, and every other(untouched) one I've seen.
This may actually be the reason and seems very logical, it's just that it's always been a guess.
Again nortonguy, that's a nice gaggle of bayonets. Nice seeing your post and keep it up please.
Sorry to semi-jack...oh crud, here it comes.
jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:19 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

terrific assortment of bayonets , what a diverse collection , and some fairly spendy ones these days as well ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:21 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I'm not a bayonet man by any means so maybe this is a 'duh' question but what are the two that have 'curved' blades? Seems odd for a military bayonet. Is one a Kropatshcek? Don't know why that comes to mind...
Must have had unique scabbards!
Very nice collection and fun to view them.
JohnB/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:32 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

your brass handled french cruciform "rosalee" bayo seems shortened , or is this an optical illusion ? the one i had seemed at least a third longer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:39 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Ok, lets id a few.
pic. 1 from the top
Dutch beaumont
3 ea. of the swiss vetterli, one of these may be a swiss peabody, but I'm not a real expert on these. At any rate all three fit my vetterli.
1909 peruvian. This is the same as the german 1898, but has a peruvian crest stamped on the back of the grip.
1924 belgian long export
Yugo m24, came with my m48
brit. #4MkII

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:42 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Next up, pic #2
French 1892 second pattern, used on the berthier carbine
French 1886/91/16/35 used on the lebel and berthier rifle, and, yes A square 10, it is shorter because this the last version of this bayonet, and it was made this way.
Portuguese kropatschek made by steyr in 1886
Turkish peabody 1874. This went with the peabody rifles that the providence tool co. made. It turned out that it ruined the company due to non-payments from the Turks.
French 1866. byf 45, these are called yataghan style blades. The French copied a north african blade style in 1840 and started a craze for the design that lasted until the 1886 kropatschek. The U.S. and just about every other country used the style.
Egyptian Hakim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:53 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

pic #3
Jap type 30 trainer. It lacks any markings
India enfield 1907
vz24
Italian carcanoTS
German 71/84, this one is so worn that I have to get the light just right to see the crown W on the spine. It does fit both my 71/84 mauser and my commission 88

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thanks - i learned another tidbit , i like doing this - i live for it , without going back to jansens , do these show up often or are they rare , ive not seen any ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:26 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Any bayonet with a serrated edge has my vote :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:08 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:20 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:40 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

One more that I had in the back of the safe, an Italian m38 folding bayonet. This one has glued on grips. I've seen a few like this, I think the general feeling is that the importer did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:38 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Nice collection. Do you have the scabbards for them also?

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON