[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Need ideas for displaying bayonets

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:18 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I've been trying to think of ways to show my collection. The helmets are easy enough, but I can't think of any way to show the bayos. If I put them on shelves, them they sit back and you have to pull them out.

Once I get my "den" cleaned out, I'm not sure if I'll have room for a table, it's kind of full of book shelves.

I was just wondering what you guys do, looking for some ideas.

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:02 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Well this is what I do for the bayonets when they are not with the rifles. My way is temporary but the nice part about it is they can be easily removed and looked at and put back. My plans when I get the dream gun room is to do the same idea but with nicer looking pegs, brass maybe.

But this way I like just so I can look at them.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:17 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I had to think about that at first but GOOD ONE!!!!

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:32 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Well, Don, maybe if I decide to check out sooner than expected that could work, but I was looking for an idea more like Mybusa :lol :lol

It's a start, thanks :D

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:23 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Thanks!!

I have more bayonets but I cant bring myself to take down the sign! How many here remember getting stamps at stores (blue or green) that would be used for items? I remember them at the stores and service stations.

I have a liking for the old Stangs also!! My 1965 Fastback finally awhile back decided to die on me at 285000 miles.

Not bad for an old 289ci!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:49 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes we are , got them at the 'pigly wigly grocery ' took a while to fill a book , but it was worth about $3 back then and that was a lot of cash - i was thinking my mom had a seperate drawer in the kitchen devoted exclusively to these ,

you could get a cataloge - much like the sears roebuck , to pick your items from , some they had in stock and many they ordered out - took a good week to get them too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:33 pm 
Major
Major

I built frames from pine, then I took a section of peg board and covered it in a fabric using craft adhisive, Then I mounted the peg board to the frame. On one I routered out a channel and put plexi glass in the front, I labled below each bayonet what it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:39 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i like that subhunter , it displays them well and offsets the character with the fineness of the fabrics ,

i hang them with the rifles as thats why i buy them - i love them , but i tend to not get anything out of my rifle collection , with only a few exceptions ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:54 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I just love it when you show those cute little boxes!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:35 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:05 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Tenbore

For just bayonet displays that looks good!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I like all these, tenbores idea is nice cuz it uses less room, but shows them well. I was thinking about the pegboard idea at work today. Maybe I could build a free-standing rack like this to put in the middle of the book cases :D

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:25 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:39 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I like subhunter's display plenty. But they seem to be fixed(you can't just pick one up). Tenbore's seems more my style. I'm looking for Ideas myself. Right now they're all piled on top of each other on a shelf in a closet... :oops:
Not the ideal.
MYBUSA's display would be good for me if I had space...open for inspection, good grouping...
Nice displays all around...A Square, you don't count, those boxes are just too cool to be in the normal mix... :P :P :P
jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:51 pm 
Major
Major

On one of my diplays I used peg board hooks and secured the hooks with zip ties, so the bayonets could still be remoed for show and tell or play. But I put a plexiglass window over it due to the arrival of my daughter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

kids - they do put a damper on the sharp pointy bits dont they ? :lol

but eventualy they grow up and you get your life back ---course then they bring their kids over for you to watch ...........so , get used to it :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:48 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Must admit that rug-rats were not in my considerations. Subhunter, your remarks are duely noted. I am without the need to secure from themselves...
They were still all better ideas than my "pile in a closet".
jon