[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Got an extra bazillion dollars?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:51 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Never even heard of these before

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... T.m240.lVI

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

be interested in the experts take on this , im not bidding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

and it's still in the "protective" grease??? and the father bring-back thing got me to thinking too, everyone needs a son like this. But the whole thing stinks to me

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:10 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

......whats the line about "dont buy the story...buy the item...."....???....they are real....its described in the MROJ-but even in that condition the price seems waaaaaay outa site... :roll: ...it will be interesting to see what happens with this auction...I aint gonna bid on it-I just topped off my propane tank for heat,and 250 gallons of propane wasnt that much-but cgot close... :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:33 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:43 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It's a test Type 1 AKA "paratrooper" bayonet (although it was made for rangers / paratroopers as a side knife). It's on page 328 of Labar's new Bayonets of Japan book. Rarity comes in at an 8/10 on his scale, but he also notes that it's one of the most "sought after" bayos in the Japanese arsenal, so demand is sky high. I honestly haven't seen enough of them for sale to get a good read on current value.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - King Leonidas I of Sparta

Visit "Smokeless Powder", my firearms and 2nd Amendment blog: http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:29 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It sold for 2,000 even :-o

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:15 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

........where do folks get all this $$$...????? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:27 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:41 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:29 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:09 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:29 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:17 pm 
Major
Major

International Military Antiques has some perfect repos of holsters ,bayos, all kinds of stuff. And they are correct right down to the marks ,placement, and size. The only safe bet is a been there done that example. However I read that these jap bayos were over looked by collectors for years. Wish I had found them then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:54 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I have seen IMA's repo's and your right they are correct all the way to the stitching. They keep me worrying as I look for a nice holster for my really nice Luger and P38.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:55 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Looks like a good one to me with a low number. I gave $1200 for mine (in better condition) about 6 years ago. Looks like it wasn't a bad investment.

Last edited by arisakadogs on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:51 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

For the past few years, these bayonets have been fetching between $1K to over 2K, so it was no surprise to see this nice example hit the top end. I still dont have one in my collection.