[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Couple of Jap bayonets

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Couple of Jap bayonets
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:27 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Couple of Jap toe wackers. Not that great of shape. Just like my type 99 and 38. :) One has been sharpened some, both have been cleaned.
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

they are every bit as nice as the ones i had over the years , i like em

top one looks like a KOKURA arsenal ,

and bottom looks to be NAGOYA arsenal ,

Last edited by A square 10 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

they are every bit as nice as the ones i had over the years , i like em

check out these sites -

http://www.radix.net/~bbrown/japanese_markings.html

http://members.shaw.ca/tju/jhg.htm

http://berk1.tripod.com/arisaka.html

http://www.gunboards.com/sites/banzai/i ... s_Exchange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:59 pm 
OUTLAW

they are looking good and getting harder to find.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:33 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....yup-hard to find around these parts...and I've only got one.....but with the bringback papers for it and Samurai sword and theT99 Long...

100_1447.JPG
100_1447.JPG [ 322.78 KiB | Viewed 5701 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

and another nagoya arsenal piece ,

both of mine were kokura , as was my T-99 , when i owned them ,

a set went to my buyer a few years ago , T-99 with anti-aircraft sights and monopod , sling, bayo , scabard with frog , sometimes i wonder at my sanity

and the loose bayo wen to my FFL for all the free transfers he has performed for me , he had the matching T-99 rifle his grandfather brought back , this convinces me im sane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:42 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Herr Mario, that giant pic has a nice one in it. This means though, you might have to take some pics of all that together. :D I mean, you can't just tease Samurai sword, T99, and this excellent bayonet. ;) :)

A square10, like you, I have a friend that does FFL for me. I am always trying to pay him something because he won't take money. He has a good collection too. About double my modest stash. I'll bet that T99 is his favorite piece.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:50 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....ok....but gimme till tomorrow pm...will have moe time... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:23 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

meistermash , thank you , im one who tries [tries ] to be a good friend to those that show friendship

- i will be very quick to point out that there are many here to whom im indebted , there are some really terrific folks here , that are very helpful , and very generous ,

and a few , ive felt i found the right things to send , ill not pretend that things will 'all be equal in the end' but ill say i shall try to make it so ,

i do believe in the "pass it on" theory as we all can be helpful to others even if we are not always able to "repay in kind" to those that have bestowed generosity upon us ,

i hope in the end no one ever feels cheated in the exchanges ive had with them , so many good people and so little time

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:18 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....ok-here's some-but its been a Murphy's Law Day and onec again I'm running real behind-so I'll just post the pics for now-details/info to be added later :roll:

f7sm.JPG
f7sm.JPG [ 166.77 KiB | Viewed 5669 times ]

f6sm.JPG
f6sm.JPG [ 194.92 KiB | Viewed 5669 times ]

f3sm.JPG
f3sm.JPG [ 217.37 KiB | Viewed 5669 times ]

f2sm.JPG
f2sm.JPG [ 218.77 KiB | Viewed 5669 times ]

frank capture docs2.JPG
frank capture docs2.JPG [ 207.51 KiB | Viewed 5669 times ]

1stpic samurai-a.JPG
1stpic samurai-a.JPG [ 194.16 KiB | Viewed 5669 times ]

fran katana marks2sm.JPG
fran katana marks2sm.JPG [ 209.13 KiB | Viewed 5669 times ]

fran katana marks1sm.JPG
fran katana marks1sm.JPG [ 124.02 KiB | Viewed 5669 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

fantastic mario - im impressed , you have a very fine set of japanese kit , congrats

if i had thought i could attain such , realistically back when , i might have kept mine ,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:15 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

That is outstanding mario. :-o Really. Thank You. :D