Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:01 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I had a Puma like that....early 80s.
Wonder what happened to it.

Nice knife.

That pouch....original?
Mine didn't have one.
And I don't recall seeing nylon pouches like that before the mid-90s or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:13 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Cool!

Just thought nylon sheaths were a more recent thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice knives , i enjoy them , only got a couple , besides the Kabar and mk3 , i have this one from my mothers father ,
and i have one from my fathers father ive never posted anywhere , its a utica cutlery , both were given to me shortly before they passed away , not being too sure of the age of eather i know they are fairly old because i got em in the very early 60s , and they looked like this when i got em , there was a third attachement to this second one but i never got it - he couldnt find it

i had a few more , slightly newer , my fathers and my father-in-laws , but they reside in the collection of a new 'younger' collector , along with a 'find' i made when i recarpeted my boat [which had to have come from the factory based on where i found it and that i bought the boat new off the showroom floor in the spring of 83 ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:45 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...that last pic looks like my old official Ulster made Boy Scout Knife-minus the boy scout emblem... :-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

it does dosent it ?

i sent the "boy scout" knife i had to a young collector here , it was my fathers , i cant recall what happened to the one i had as a youth , i may have given it to a younger scout when i quit , i seem to remember something like that , it had scales that were green-gray IIRC

this one was carried by my fathers father - it was his pants pocket jackknife , it had a leather case for the attachements but thats long ago rotted away , he started as a machineist-tool and die maker[inventor-had a handfull of pattents] , ended up as a professional engineer - carried this when he wore a suite and tie ,

the wood handled one was my mothers fathers tool box jackknife , he kept it at work all his working years and in the basement later - i still have the oak machineists tool box it came in , along with the tools of the trade , this grandpoarent was a machineist his whole life