[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - "Easy as pie!"

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Easy as pie!"
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:50 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Putting an AR kit together. Right. :roll: But I was ahead of the game for a while. I put in the pivot pin retainer & spring inside a plastic bag. Sure enough... SPROINGGGGGG!!! :-o :-x X 6.

Six times I slipped and the teeny detent pin went for a trip. But it was a short trip inside the bag & I finally used an exacto blade ( thank yew, Mario!! :bigrin: ) to hold it down while I finally got the pivot pin over it.

Everything else wasn't too bad. The big obstacle for me is to not scuff up the receiver. But it worked out.

The trouble started with the butt stock assembly. I didn't thread the tube in far enough but was able to get it all together. Nothing was holding the buffer retainer & it popped out inside the rifle. I opened the action to see what was up and SPROINGGG!!!

DANG IT!!! :-x God loves His idiot children though. After moving 10 or 15 rifles, there the retainer & spring were! :bigrin:

So now it's back together RIGHT this time and test fire follows this afternoon.

I'd rather be lucky than good! ;) :crzy: :rotflma: SW

Attachments:
zzAR 001.jpg
zzAR 001.jpg [ 21.98 KiB | Viewed 10552 times ]

Post subject: Re: "Easy as pie!"
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:40 pm 
OUTLAW

looking good!!!!.what scope are you using?.looking for one for my stag.

pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:51 pm 

I went with a NC Star 1-4 Mark 3 tactical with red/green/dark reticule. Midway has 'em for 119 but I got this one off gunbroker for 80 shipped.

Didn't get to test fire it. There were some turkey hunters out there & I don't like to monkey up somebody's hunting. Even if I know there ain't no turks where these guys were.

If you look around on midway's site, Barska has some good-looking scopes, too. SW

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:03 pm 
OUTLAW

thanks!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:05 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

Fine looking rifle!!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:38 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....now that you're all broken in puttin it together mebbe you can do one fer me someday... :grin: ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:18 pm 

This is my 4th one & I would do the deal gratis. Cabelas had one like this on sale in their recent flyer for around 1000. I saved mucho roubles doing it myself. SW

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:42 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:10 am 

My 1st lower was a Stag & so is this but I just got it for $119. My FFL guy ordered it in @ cost since I put back together an old Win 22 for him.

Some outfit was pimping lowers in shotgun news for $75 - never heard of 'em before. Might be an opportunity for a group buy. I'd take one for that. SW

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:54 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:41 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well it will prolly be a saturday. I'm looking for one free of the 'honey-do'.

Maybe early June? If we can get you a lower parts kit for your AR receiver then we'll slap it together then :D

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:06 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....June is fine...Saturday is fine...and what choo talkin bout-I aint got any AR pieces/parts....thats hogger... :fny:

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:42 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

How far you from Pittsburgh ??

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Johnny, I'm about 1/2 hour south of the Pro-Football Hall of Fame & I think they are 2-3 hours from me.

Well Mario you will have to get a lower & a LPK before I come out there :lol

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:10 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...well that aint gonna happen any time soon :roll: ....I guess that Garand's gonna stay here then... :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:01 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

No Swap? If you get a lower parts kit I have an inexpensive lower I can bring out

LPK's are like 60 clams real close to the $ of the lower

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:14 pm 

Just remember, Friends... the kits do NOT come with spare parts! :-o :rotflma: SW

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:26 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:33 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

We still swap.........and we put you together a lower AS WELL :bigrin:

I love it when a plan comes together

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:36 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...I'm a newbie on all this stuff...whats it run for all the other pieces parts to make one go boom???