Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:53 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Hit the fun shows in the area last weekend and can't say I was thrilled with the pickings. As I was getting ready to leave the Goodman show in Sharonville Ohio, I met a nice Navy vet, just a bit older than me. He had some neat toys including a .45 Kris that while very cool I could not justify buying but the other gun was a deal in my view.

What he had was a like new Springfield Armory M1A but he had decked her out with a Troy M14 MCS Package A2 Stock. Those stocks with the rail are $850. He had a military surplus bipod on her and a not so special but nice Center Point 4x16 illuminated scope. He also had the original stock, sights, one 20 round and one five round hunting mag, CAA foregrip, cheek pad with a pair of velcro ammo saddles and a factory SA scope mount worth $130. Total tariff for all was less than the $2400 standard model a dealer had on his table in a plastic factory stock. She was quite a bargain on the current market and I so admire the Springfields, so she came home with me. Now to get a decent day where I can shoot it.

http://troyind.com/%20/weapon-upgrades/ ... tock-basic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:50 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Nice! That looks like it would be fun to shoot!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:54 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice looking setup , do let us know how she shoots for you when you get the chance to go to the range