Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:43 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

A recent find, a Yugo M70ABM. Its a rather unusual milled receiver under folder AK that Century did a few years back. Sadly when they brought in these kits they opted to do the milled receiver in a Soviet rather than the way Yugoslavia made them. It shoots nice and I will likely keep it despite its historical inaccuracy. Previous owner sadly put a 74 muzzle break on it and for whatever reason seems to have used loctite thread locker on it. I will soak it and put a plain muzzle nut on it. I don't think there are many of these around, this one has a three digit serial number below 900. A cursory search shows them as sold out and having sold via distributors ball park $675 to 750 a few years ago.

A little hard to see detail as this turned out darker than I hoped.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:22 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

With the (very scenic) white background, it's tough to get the detail you want from a darker target. Still not a bad pic.

I'd really like another AK but not at current prices. Hopefully the market will correct after the new prez takes over. SW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:55 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Yeah that glare from the snow really played havoc with getting the milled slots to show up. 9 degrees here right now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im not a fan of russian arms - i have my token chicom SKS of 69 vintage , its all ive ever desired to go with my 69 vintage M16 repro , i did add the russian revolver - its of 44 vintage ,not of VN issue but ,only because it might have been there in the day , i once had an extensive us collection , ive sold most off ,

would love 90 degrees right now - ive got just over zero and headed down for the night - we are to get snow starting any moment but its so cold it will be light and fluffy if it happens - my late 80s JD blower can handle that , not sure i can , my body is disagreeing with the climate this year more than in the past ,

if my kids and grandkids would agree we would go south , way too complicated to even discuss , ill just wear an extra sweater and buck up ,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:02 pm 

Hi Mike
I have been trying to get back on to YWF so I made a account I called phone number they said you retired several years ago. Is there a way to get my old account back? OLD RSM. I have a new e mail as well?
Gerry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:47 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

hey gerry , good to see you back ,

i did retire , then got bored and went back to work , still going with it till they tell me to leave ,

i would think that bruce [ fr8dude ] or steve [ NebrHogger ] could help you - they are the gu-rues