[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - AR-15 Test Fire Report: Jam... Marmalade 2?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:47 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

gatsby , tom had three questions ,

1] does this jamb occur every round ? i said no but almost ,

2] what ammo are you using [not hollow points or soft points] these could be a problem ? i said wolf and ball ammo ,

3] does the bolt lock back after the last round ? .........with all of your mags ?

if it jambs every time , try polishing the feed ramps and refer to no3 , he sugested using a dremmle tool

if you are firing the SP or HP try another ammo first ,

if it doesnt lock back he thinks its the magwell of your lower , assuming the mag locks in he thinks the lower is out of spec in the magwell area eather as manufactured or thru abuse ,
he would be glad to look it over if i can get it to him , they are an FFL obviously and can recieve it directly , i can get you all the contact info ,.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

1) Yeah, seems I can only get about two or three rounds out of it at a time.

2) Just wolf, Haven't used any any hp's. just regular 55gr FMJ's. I've noticed thought that the rounds have lines scored onto them from the feed ramps, and have wondered about it.

3) I've never made it through a mag without getting tired of it jamming and quitting. But when the mag is empty, and in it will lock back every time.

still have yet to try a "new" mag in it.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im guessing polishing the feed ramps will help , the lock back indicates your mags are seating fully and correctly , keep me posted when you try that new mag ,

ive been running a dozzen 20s and 30s of VN era , well worn , mixxed mfgrs , and had not one problem , im even running one of the mfgrs that were said to be the worst of the GI mags in viet nam with no problems , im also shooting wolf 55grn FMJ , we gotta be able to fix this for you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Have you put new springs or followers in any of those mags? so who was supposed to be the worst mfgr's?

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Well...

FINALLY got out with a brand spankin new magazine... Same D*mn thing.

BUT... we figured it out, there's burrs on the feedramps that need to be polished off. Called the guy who built it, an told him. So Monday when he gets back in town, I'm just gonna take it back over there and have him do it.

He should have put it together right in the first place. This has caused me a lot of headache. I'll let him fix his "handy-work".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:50 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

And after you get it fixed you will (i hope) have many years and several hundred rounds of fun!

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:43 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Thanks! I hope so too! Otherwise this thing will end up welded to my SKS! ROFL :boozer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

that sounds like a wise approach , let me know how it turns out , i know this is fixable and not only hundreds but thousands of fun rounds in the future with this one ,
and that SKS is fixable too i think , im not any kind of armorer at all but if you ask im sure there are some out there that will help , no sence to owning them if they dont work :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:23 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I have easy more then a thousand rounds through my shorty build! I used a Bushmaster lower and who knows about the rest of the parts (it was years ago before the m4 copy's showed up).

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

agreed - they are good for tons of fun , best be buyin more ammo tho , they tend to eat it up , especialy when your buyin and friends and family are shootin it up , just ask me ........... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:43 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I take mine every time I go out shooting! If things ever did go bad I want to know this rifle as a part of me.

We also carry AR's at work so when its range day I take mine and shoot it, its a great way to shoot 2-300 rounds for FREE!! At home I have most of all my ammo on stripper clips in the bandoleers next to the magazines just in case. And its fast to load up a mag with the stripper!

Here are my rifles. The shorty and a 20" heavy barrel.

i had a night vision scope on the one but I sold it and I have not yet made up my mind as to what to do with it sight wise!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:54 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im like you , i love to run these regularly - i see them as defencive if the SHTF and between these two and my M14type the main line , im not discounting anything else - ive stocked ammo for everthing but these are the go-to guns
like you as well i have a CQB shorty and the midrange setup on the 20" , the longrange is the M14type

besides they are justy plain fun to take to the range

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:18 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I like the mid range. What scope are you using? As to the shorty I am going to install a red dot set up but I have not yet decided on which one. It looks like you also have a vortex style flash unit on the mid range, its works great in the low light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:38 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

the midrange is a trijicon ACOG - TA01 NSN , i love it , it has the best optics , battle proven , and very user friendly ,
the red dot is an EOTECH 552-A65 , uses double A's , im very happy with it , i have an older version on my SKs and its been troublesome with the battries - not the double A its the little guy i cant recall the nomenclature , it works fine when the terminals are clean and the sight lights up but its been finicky ,
there are cheaper- yet equally effective red dots out there ask around and get what you like , but i dont think you can beat the ACOG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:34 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so Gatsby - did you get that lower to run right yet ? are you chewin the right tobacky ? :D
seriously , let me know if you dont get her fixed - it needs to run reliably if your gonna depend on it when the SHTF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:26 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Nice looking rigs gentlemen.

Weird, I swear I put the results on here from what I found out.

*Drum Roll Please*

Burrs on the feed ramps. Took it in, had him grind them down and polish them off. He offered to build a new upper with a new barrel if I wanted, I said just make this one work, I'm tired of messing around with it. That was about a week ago, still haven't gotten around to testing it out though :(

Maybe tomorrow. He did say if it gives me ANY problems though bring it in and I'd get a new one. :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:44 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GOOD , get out and try it , you will enjoy it , when it works right :grin: :grin: :grin: