[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - My BREN GUN Mk2 STEN GUN Mk2 and Thompson M1928A1

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:01 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
It is such a nice day I retook some pictures 17C or 60F here thay are.
All are Semi Auto by Welding and pining.
I have had them since 1986 they were a hoot to fire even Semi Auto But when they changed the law 5 Rd mags only that sucked.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:05 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Oh my :-o :-o

Such beautiful items you have there. If you don't mind how did they make the Bren and Sten semi? You said by by welding and pining?

Are Long Branch mag (Sten) housings available up your way? All the ones I have are British and it would be nice on my semi build to match my Enfield.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:20 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Mybusa
Mag Houseings are the controled part of the firearm.Thay have the Sten serial number.When the firearm is in semi auto they weld the button/changs leaver etc same for the Thompson small pin then welded.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:11 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Gerry

Thanks for the info!! Its funny how things are different just this side of the border. The housing is just another part that comes with a parts kit. I think I have 3 of them + 2 more if a MK5 is the same (I'll have to check).

Here we have to alter the tube so a bolt from a full auto cannot just be dropped in, and it has to fire from a closed bolt along with a 16" barrel.

What I intend to do is on my semi build I'll make a dummy silencer with the leather wrap to cover the 16" barrel. I have the 9mm barrel blanks now I need someone to turn the blanks at the chamber end.

I just found out that the other Bren parts set (missing the bipod) was a reweld that was in semi (how they did it I'm not sure) and it was used in movies and was used to fire blanks. This kit is saw cut now, not the torch cut as my other one.

Mark

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thanks - i needed that , been a long , icky , day - i like seeing the photos , brightens the worst

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:17 pm 
Major
Major

Beautiful guns. Semi or not, I am envious!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:41 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

When they changed the law to 5 rounds could you keep the hi cap's you had prior to the law or did you have to convert then to 5 rounds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:24 am 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:12 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:54 am 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

gerry , trust me on this one , if the government passes a law , without a sunset clause , they seldom recind them ,
and when politions promise to reverse things that people hate - they lie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:47 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Mike
They are the big on promis but short on action.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:27 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
Me and my Thompson before they stopped giving out permits my last permit expires Nov 2004.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

those are so great looking - i keep coming back for another look

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:11 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Mike
Back for a look.
Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:29 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
Have to take a second look
Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:31 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im still comming back - where did that last photo go ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:33 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I was wondering that as well

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:33 am 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
Is this the one that went missing??
Cheers

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant