[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - fal/L1A1 questions

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: fal/L1A1 questions
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:49 pm 
Major
Major

SO , Does the lower reciver on the FAL or L1A1 make the rifle full auto or is it a combination of that and the bolt ? Some of these surplus kits have the full auto selectors on them, so does that mean you can't use them on rifle builds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:48 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Lower receiver controles the type Fire
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I thought it was something to do woth the ejector block?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:48 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Here in the US it is the ejector block. So technically if you have a lower with a semi block make sure your FA block is not around or friends may think its select fire. Our friends are at the point if you have a Sten kit and a blank tube around ??

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:50 pm 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:01 am 
Colonel
Colonel

I cant remember right now what the difference is but I know that all the FAL receivers I see for sale have the semi ejector block installed.

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:49 am 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:01 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:29 am 
Major
Major

The centry arms sporters used canadian and british lowers but they have a semi auto selector only switch in them. I just got a south african lower and the switch has the cutouts for full auto. So what would happen if you used it on a sporter? From what I can tell the safty sear which will not mount on a sporter cause the atf had them omit the milled out section for it, is supposed to control the bolt when firing full auto. so will the sporter still fire full auto like slam firing or will it do nothing at all? If I pull the charging handle back and pull the trigger with the selector on auto and keep bringing back the charger it seems like auto fire. The if I put the switch to semi you have to relese and repull the trigger each time. I only ask cause I would hate to be at the range and have it empty a mag on auto.Or get in trouble for a unlicenced machine gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:44 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:12 pm 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:53 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sounds like fun... Hope to see some pictures of it!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject: Re: fal/L1A1 questions
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

me too :-o :-o :-o

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:56 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Nope ya gotta have the full auto sear in the lower (the upper is considered the receiver) for the FA! There are lots of Imbel home build kits out there with the FA switch on them. There that way just to make the LE folks confused :rotflma: :rotflma:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:17 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

If you flip the selector to FA you should turn your FAL into a single shot rifle. If I remember the hammer will follow the bolt carrier down and not give you a strike. I will have to try it on one of mine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:33 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Aha! First post for a new member! :welcome: And! It's new member Wed! So! Any qualifying new member who appears at:

#123 S Main St
Haystack, Nebr

Will receive *** long drum roll*** a free cat! 8-) The lovely Rita will present you with a cat in any color of your choice. ( as long as it's black)

Is this a great board or what? :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:18 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Wednesdays are good days in Haystack (and russian web sites?) :lol

WELCOME Mechtec!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:46 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes , welcome , we have already exchanged emails but im not sure i welcomed you there eather , sorry about that ,

question here , why would they include the FA sear in the parts kits if it is the one part that ATF would object to ? it just seems sending out a non-compliant part is asking for someone to try to put it in in violation of the law :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:56 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Most of the parts kits when they were demilled included parts of the cut upper receiver. The sear block with the disconnector was still pinned in one of those parts. The block would not fit in a semi auto receiver with out milling. I have heard it still is a bad situation with batfe if you have both the sear block and the weapon in the same location. This info came through the net so not sure of the validity.
-Greg