[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Plastic Casing .223s?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:33 am 
Major
Major

They break down in sunlight by the way. The way most plastics do.
The mouths are the first to go, and fail to grip the bullet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:34 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Well last week we tried some more of the Miltech plastic ammo. Here is the result at 100 yards from a Sig 556 rifle. The ammo fired from our AR15's aka shorty/Car/M4 was about the same.

Head shots

All rifles were 16" barrels (at least the AR's) unsure as to the Sig but it looks like a 16" barrel.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:44 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looks to perform favorably , id be happy with those scores and the eotech sight , are we talking semi or full auto - if FA i think its superb , that is a fine looking rifle BTW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:09 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Ok I have been bad.

As to the ammo it is made by a company called "NATEC" not the other name I thought it was.

Sorry for the wrong info.

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:07 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It seems to shoot straight!

NICE gun btw!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:33 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Yes it is a nice rifle and I wish it was mine! I would like one of these days to have either a Sig556 or Magpul's new Masada rifle, but its a dream and only money keeps me away.

Masada below!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thats a very nice looking rifle ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:34 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I've seen the masada before. A very nice gun, a very $$$ gun. Someday... after I get that MAS-36 :!: :!: :!: :lol :lol :lol

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i repeat , thats a very nice looking rifle ,

so what does the tag hanging from that nice looking rifle say ? [he says as if he could afford it let alone justifie it ---even to himself] :( :-? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:38 am 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:52 pm 
Major
Major

one of the post said it was about $3.00 a box. if thats the case I'll order 1000 rounds of it and start having fun at the range again with my bush master. The gun guy I use in town had ordered some at one point for someone but he does not remember getting it or where it came from. With the excesive price increase in 223 I have been just saving what I have. The gun sop owner told me today that he got notified by his wholesalers that the prices are going up on ammo again after the first of the year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:08 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ahhhh , i see now , i agree vif its that cheap - ill take a thousand rounds too , if i dont like it ill feed it to the kid for the M4 he is liberating me of

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:36 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:42 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Two seasons in Minnesota: Winter and Mosquito?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:18 pm 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:12 am 
Major
Major

The cases are actually a polymer not ordinary plastic. Nantec's web site is still up so you can check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:07 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General