[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - SKS

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SKS
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:23 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I know that I have mentioned my SKS before but, I don't think that I have ever shown it.
Bought this at least 25 years ago before they got so popular.
Chinese, Norinco.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:31 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Nice!

Threaded barrel or pinned?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:46 pm 
Major
Major

I am going to guess a pinned barrel. Usually, but not always the triggerguard is also stamped and welded on pinned barrels and milled on screwed on barrels. Since they can be changed out this is not always the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:51 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It looked like a military factory piece.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:14 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

All right. I'll admit my ignorance. Are the military issue pinned and the commercial export versions threaded? Vice versa? Both? I was under the impression that the Norincos found here were made for export.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:23 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Now my memory isn't what it used to be but I thought military pieces were threaded & export were both, but again I am probably wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i cant help directly but i have some sites bookmarked ill post later ,

i will say thats a beauty , in superb condition

i got mine from millwright and im ever so pleased to have it , its a factory 206 , and all matching numbers ,
thats his photo BTW - its missing its gas tube/upper handguard in that one

i had an eotech on it for a while to shoot three gun - then backed out , ill probably use the M4 when i get the courage up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:57 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Very nice SKS's. I love these rifles. I have three And they are all nice. My Chinese is a Factory 26 Threaded Barrel made in 1967. There is a good forum i go to every day that has good info on these. This is where i found your Forum. I'll post the Forum link if no one objects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:18 am 
Major
Major

Heyzeus,

One of those looks mmiger striped. (man made triger striped) Paint or propane torch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:25 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

By all means post a link.....the more info available the better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:35 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:01 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:46 am 
Major
Major

Glad is shapin up good for ya Gun Nut. Happy to help return it to original
Condition. Those 30 rounders are pretty cumbersome in close quarters.
The 10 rnd integral is a lot better and requires no feed lip tweaking to work right.

got the 30 workin in my sks after a bit of tweaking.

me and the farmers sons from down the road went out to eliminate groundhogs from the fields. a 22 a 22 mag and me (sniper) with the sks
there's about 2 dozen groundhogs who are cursing me from the great beyond

the bayonet makes a nifty monopod for long shots.

I wanna see some pics of her stocked up n slingin lead.

GG

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:53 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I'm really an Enfield collector but have a smattering of other rifles. One of those is this Yugoslaian SKS which I bought unissued. I have found it to be one of the most accurate rifles I own at 200 yards (don't have a longer range). It is totally reliable and a pleasure to shoot. I thnk it's one hell of a good battle rifle in the hands of well trained troops.

I use this ammunition from SAMCO on the strippers:

http://samcoglobal.com/Ammunition.html#ball

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:26 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Nice. Your stock looks much like mine.

The fellow I got it from said he got it from a guy who'd bought up about 30 excelent condition rifles and instead of selling them decided he'd make more money breaking them up for replacement parts. I hope those were not matching number rifles.

The Ammo looks like what I should stock up on. Various posts I found on the net say that some Yugos are only accurate and reliable with the Yugo ammo.

Gungrubber, I'm glad the mag works well in your rifle, I'd hate to pass on a lemon. Near as I can tell from reviews these always require tweaking, and may not function well in different rifles even then.

Now that the bug has bit I'll probably pick up a decent Non Chinese SKS of the standard length and configuration so as to have a more compact and lighter weight woods rifle.
Though to tell the truth I'd as soon carry my 22 inch barrel No.4 sporter for serious business than any of the semi auto rifles available today, except maybe a Garand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:37 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

there sure are a lot of nice looking SKSs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Didn't you have a Yugo 59 as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:01 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject: I've got a few myself
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Actually missing form the pic are a Yugo M59 & another Rusky