Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

the FAL ,

ive zeroed at the short range - need to get to the 100 and fine tune , perhaps put some downrange on the 200 ?

Last edited by A square 10 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

lookin forward to the leatherwood for that "reach out and touch someone" feeling , but yes , id love to find an 800 to sight in on with that , im thinking the 200 [our local range limit ] is OK for the FAL ,

ive got the ACOG on the AR set up on the 100 and the EOTECH on the M4 set up for close quarters , should be good to go when the SHTF - or the zombies come callin :lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:10 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

and ive finaly got the leatherwood set up on the M1A , not to get out and sight it in , need some warm weather .........

oh - and ive been thinking ill use the leupold on the new LR308 build , so i think ill put the aimpoint on the FAL , ill post a photo later ,

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

and ...............thats what i did -

this was done for two reasons , i can live with the red dot accuracy of the FAL as ive learned they arent a 200yd weapon with better than MOA accuracy , not a bad rifle of coarse but im wanting something really good with the leupold and leatherwood ,

the leatherwood is what was on the M14s in VN according to research and photos i found , so im really good with that combination ,

the FAL scopes are a bit pricey and not all that remarkable as im finding in my research and comperable to what my aimpoint can do ,

the peupold is going on my DPMS LR308 build , and ive now got my order in for the lower and a commitment to build this winter with my armorer buddies ..........as entertainment ,

and .................ive found and secured the 24" bull bbl upper , now i need to pay for it with my secret funds from moonlighting at the club , ill photo it when in hand ,