[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Got my gun back.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Got my gun back.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:55 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

So I got my Ak back from the Gunsmith today.

He did a good job of opening up the ammo well to take the 30 round clip. Now Gatsbye53 can not call me sensitive for having a locap AK.

Here is the AK

And here is the .22 410, I want to do something with the furniture. It is a little rough.

[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

NICE!!!! Now you can bang with the big boys :slng:

I saw a east german stock set in a shop down the road yesterday
and I thought of you. He wanted $30 for it (too much). If you check
Northridge Inc (not sure of web address) They have them for $ 24 (complete)

Like the 22/410 too! Is it a savage or a stevens?
[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:50 pm 
Thanks, I can't wait to go out and try out the bump fire action.

Thanks for the info on the stock set, and the 22/410 is a savage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:04 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Now its a real AK! As to the stock set think about the extended plastic sets, they make a big difference in comfort. I have 2 types of folders and 2 fixed ones and one of them is the US made longer one and I prefer the longer one.

I did see one post where a shooter painted the same stock as yours a matte black and when he was done it looked nice. Here's my all black Romy rifle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:13 am 
Major
Major

Iowaguy, your dog chewing on your shotgun stock?? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:57 am 
That is a nice looking AK Mybusa.

I got the gun from my dad, it was all beat up when I got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:06 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:25 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Thanks for the comment about the AK, its a home build from a Romanian kit. And it has surprised me as being the most accurate of my Aks.

On your other rifle do you know if any one has after market stocks for them. I had a friend the other day drop off a Stevens 223/20 ga in parts and the stock is toast and I'm not sure about the rest.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:18 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Mark,

Numrich (e-gunpats.com) should have them. Probably won't be walnut but a stained hardwood (birch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:16 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Et2ss

Thanks for the advice. Is Numrich better these days with parts? In the past I have not had much luck with their service.

This Friday I'll see whats in the ol pay check and contact you about the pistol.

Thanks

Mybusa

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:13 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Ah the sensitive touch of a 10 round AK! :dedhrs:

I'm glad for ya man! Too bad you couldn't find any 5.45 before you headed up to Wisconsin this weekend :(

It's not too hard to sand something down. Your stock could be done in a day or two. Only reason it's take me so long to finish my Mauser, is that I use that as a means to relax by.
:tinhat:

I like that all black RomyAk. Nice and evil looking!

Can't wait to go shooting again with ya! Now that I've gotten a second magazine for my Browning I can have twice as much fun! *lol*

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:42 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

It does suck not to have any 5.45 to shoot when I go up North, my brother in law is going to search in Milwaukee for me on Monday.

We will have to hit up the range on our way back from the Arsenal.

:bmg:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:47 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

your avatars never cease to amaze me

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:40 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

So I went up to Wisconsin and I could not find any 5.45 anywhere. My brother in law found some in Milwaukee for $7.00 for a box of 25.....So I had to go with out shooting over my trip :mad: No way I am paying that kind of money to shoot.

:rant:

There was one pawn shop that I called and left a message inquiring about 5.45, they called me when I got back to Iowa and let me know that they did in fact have 5.45 for $6.00 a box. The shop was supposed to be open on Tuesday at 9 AM and they call me on Wed. at 12:30, what a great way to run a business :bs:

So I went down and picked some 5.45 for $4.25 a box :grin: and intend on doing a lot of :ak: this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:36 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Stock UP! Get your ammo before you find a thousand other guns to buy, like me :boozer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looking good , makes me want to look for one of these