[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - C Z 52 762x54

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: C Z 52 762x54
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

Post subject: Re: C Z 52 762x54
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:45 pm 
OUTLAW

I think ol ET has one of these.neat rifles.some were converted/chambered to 7.62X39.
pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:01 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

They sell a bushing to change them,But some were made in the 39 in the end of there run!! :D

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:18 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I was sorely tempted to get one a couple days ago at Cabelas but got the Westinghouse instead. They had 2 @ 275 each. My big concern would be paying through the nose for brass and losing it! SW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ive goit a lot of 762x39 if you find one in that chamber :D

thats an interesting rifle - reminds me of the M1carbine in a way

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:27 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

I have the bushing+tool kit but just never put it in.I like" en stock as can be...

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I've always wanted one of these. 8-)

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:06 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I picked up a few cases of the ammo when it was cheap. Sold off my spare rifle though :-?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:29 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

My old FFL guy has 18 rifles with no stocks and a bunch of complete ones if anyone wants one ill get a price with shipping.
I think i paid $175.00 for this one????
I have been helping him gather up parts to make the stock less ones complete.The stocks are hard to find for a good price.

10 lbs empty,like lifting a concrete block.

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:22 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

geeeez thats a heafty one , hows the acuracy with that short sight radius ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:50 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

I have never fired it yet,got it last winter + never had it out yet..I only have 20 rounds for it so far..

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:06 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

They are on par with an SKS as far as accuracy goes. Just heavy that's all. That actually may lend itself to part of the accuracy, less 'wobble' movement especially off hand

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:10 pm 

What price on a shootable Vz52 from your FFL guy? SW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:40 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

He sold 1 last week at a legion convention.And is thinking about selling 1 more.Ill twist his arm a bit and see if he will sell 1 more.Hes 84 and a bit slow,but he is a expert at military guns.He has a bunch of stuff Ive never seen before.He got $200 for the last one,but didn't have to ship it.
He has 18 complete barreled actions but no stocks for them yet.They want $200.00 for a stock most places we find them.

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:02 pm 

Yeah, there were a bunch of those came into the country with black crinkle finish paint/tar to hide how bad the stocks were. In fact, the stocks were mostly junk & that's why you see the barreled actions. I was told NEVER to buy one withthe black pain/tar on the stock.

On second thought, I better hold off on the good one you mention as I just found a decent revolver on gunbroker for concealed carry & I'll bid on that tomorrow.

Thanks, though!! SW

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:12 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

these are good shooting rifles, they're just very heave for their small size. I've got 2 made at she and 2 that were made at aym in 7.62x45, and one vz 52/57 that was factory made in 7.62x39. they shoot as well as an sks, and the milsurp ammo usually shoots without misfires when it can be found. one thing i like about these rifles, being a lefty, is that they eject brass to the left.
I can see why folks would call them overcomplicated, cause theres lots of small parts and cracks/crevices to clean. they're not complicated to the point that they don't function reliably though.

I've seen at least one place in the last year or so that was making new stocks for them, but iirc they weren't cheap either. would be better than the original poplar stocks, that's just not a good wood to be making stocks out of, it cracks too easily.

y'all have a good day, Keith