[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - SKS

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SKS
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:59 am 
LCDR
LCDR

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

Post subject: Re: SKS
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:02 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Nice collection! I love my SKS's. Never really got why some people deck them all out in folding stocks & hi-cap mags & muzzle breaks & such. Just enjoy them they way they were meant.

I do need to update my pic as & have added a Romy & a Yugo M59 since this was taken

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:03 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Mr Wacko, I see you have risen rapidly through the ranks! :bigrin:
Good job! No more KP or midnight fire watches for you!! ;)

And a good assortment of Simonovs, too! I only have one - a combat vet all beat to heck. Certainly not as nice as anything shown. SW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:28 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

I don't shoot these ,but have had Meany beaters i shot a lot.I buy, sell, trade them and keep these to take pictures of.

Yes im commander of the latrine squad.
Head man of the head!!! :lol :!: :!:

I had a near death accident in 2000 that has all but stopped me from shooting.
22 and small calibers is it now... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was lost in self pity till I discovered the INTERNET and the gun forums.Now i can at least enjoy taking pictures of guns any ways!! :| :|

I like them stock best also.But i have some both ways.I was into the big clips for a while but lately I'm a all stock guy..

Im going to build one from that empty stock as i find parts for it.I like those nylon brown ones a lot..

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:08 pm 

Latrines: In Viet Nam, the latrines were 50 gallon drums cut in half and filled half way with diesel. When the "stuff" in the barrel got about to the top, the barrel was dragged from the latrine and burned.

Not very good for the nose or ecology, but it got the job done. In any military unit, there are "shirt-birds" (leave out a letter! ;) ) who are always messing up and making the NCOs mad... that was their job.

The object was to stay awake on watch and look sharp on patrol so you wouldn't be considered one of the 'latrine birds'. I never did have to burn latrines.

It was almost as bad a job to be in charge of those details as the wind always seemed to change & the whole bunch smelled like... something nasty afterward.

So with your elevated rank, you can appoint someone to oversee the process... go hang out at the armory... cool stuff like that! 8-) SW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:50 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice SKSs ,

i too only have one - chinese , but shes a nice one and i do shoot her occasionaly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:10 pm 
Major
Major

They use to be cheap to collect and many available, some say the action is better than the AK. I have one that takes the AK mags, I have yet to have a chance to drag it from the safe and shoot it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:26 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I have 5 of them. Four original and the fifth one was a barreled action I put the bubba touch to it. I actually shoot the bubba one the most. I have a russian, two Chinese, and two Yugos. The Russian is a 1954 I think. It is all matching except someone replaced the dust cover. The Chinese are a 1966 factory 26, and a 1979 pinned barrel. The Pinned barrel is the bubba. The Yugos are a 1969 59/66a1 with I believe a teak stock. It is all matching and a very good shooter. The other one is a 1973 59/66a1 with Tritrinium night sights and an Elm stock.

The striping on this stock is how I found it. Somewhere in it's history someone did this in a burn pattern. I have left it alone and it shoots fine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:36 pm 

And a rare miniature black panther!! 8-) Cool!! SW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:59 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

That little miniture black panther can be mean as heck. She thought my wife was hurting me on two different occasions. She backed my wife into a corner and slashed her up and down. She is very protective of me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:23 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:17 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:43 am 
Major
Major

They work great, but it wont take five rounders or drums. I have seen these over the years at the shows and they tend to be priced high, but people like them cause you get the dependable SKS action with the use of AK mags. I bought it cause the price was a good deal.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:20 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

What I wish I had.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:21 pm 

A full case of Yugos? Yep - that would be cool. Especially now that 7.62x39 ammo is getting cheeper. SW