[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - First Range Session With My New CZ82

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Not too bad. 25 feet using Prvi Partizan 93 grain FMJ ammo.

Last edited by gandog56 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looking good - my experiance with mine is similar - these aregreat shooters and fit the hand so fine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

the sights & wide trigger help greatly!!!!

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:59 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Darn thing sort of has the same feel to me of a SIG Mosquito.

Kicks a heck of a lot more, though! :bigrin:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:51 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I love my 82. I just need to buy more ammo to feed her! I gave serious consideration to shooting it when I qualified for my CCW, and brought it out to the range the day of my qualification as a backup incase my Sig failed, it didn't, but the CZ was there just in case.

I kinda wish I had a second 82.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:10 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Nice shooting gandog56. Do you reload also?

I hate to say this Gatsby but I just picked up my 3rd one. I really bought it for my daughter but I haven't given it to her yet. This one came with a real nice holster that may never get used the way it should be.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:40 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

this is the first one i think of when i consider one for my daughter or my wife , or my daughter in law for that matter - thinking of getting her one for three gun ,

gatsby , ammo is the issue here as well , i always look and i always buy when i find it for a reasonable price - last two boxes i found were $25 each [turned those down]

i only have about two and a half boxes right now so im questioning that move , and watching for more , wish it could be converted readily to something easy to find ....like 9mm luger ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:39 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

id not thought about reloading these - can you use dies for another caliber ? something more common ? :-?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:25 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thank you - i have no problem with that ammo at that price , these were made to shoot that stuff ;)

ill be placeing an order in the morning when i can decide what i have to spend on this

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:53 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I starting reloading these also but I've been using titegroup. I think I'm going to change over to 231 as it works good in the 9x19.
All I could find at the time were Lee dies. I've been using Berry's plated bullets.

Asquare, you can cut down 9mm Luger to use in the 9 mak. I read about this in one of the reloading forums and thought I kept a link but right now I can't find it. I do remember them saying it was as easy as cutting the case to length.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I'd better get another before somebody snaps the rest up :lol

Cases of 1,000 are around for about 150-200 online. Been meanin to order some.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:00 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:57 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:59 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Decided I had to have more rounds and decided to convert some 9mm Luger brass to 9X18. Was pretty easy to do, just ran them through the sizer, Used my Lee cutter and lock stud with a (9X18 case length gauge to trim off the 1mm of brass needed for correct length, and ran it through the sizer once more. Reloaded them, then took a black Sharpie and colored all the brass heads black so I would not mix up the empties with my normal 9mm Luger brass. Made 130 of these. (Extra thirty because I could only find seventy of the first one hundred empties I shot of real 9X18 brass.