[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - ....range report-Ruger P90 and SIG P220....

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:56 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....finally got a lil time and got around to firing these 2... :Dbounce: ...got off work early and had a bit free before doing home stuff...rigged up 2 targets and headed to a small "alley" of a bare spot that farmer bubba didnt play his corn....about8' wide by around 20 yards long....measured off 15 yards and straddled 2 targets either side of a row....the 220 was first...2 handed grip with ball on post hold...Aguilla ammo...a lil disappointed-all were low 6" or so....fired the P90 next-same distance and ammo....much better as you can see in pic....loaded up another mag for the 220-but this time with Federal ammo....much better-it brought the group up a bit higher-but I hadda hold the bull on top the muzzle and disregard the front post....some of it may have been me...and the ammo change seemd to help,but I think it shoots low around 6"...compared to the P90...but at that distance if there was a bad guy on the other end I do believe he'd be 'room tempereature'... :rotflma: :bigrin: ;)
...220 is left tgt.....P90 is the right...
tgt 8-19-11.JPG
tgt 8-19-11.JPG [ 120.05 KiB | Viewed 7984 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:40 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Looks like you are shooting some good groups. How do you like the P90? Over on the Ruger forum they talk good about it.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sig sight picture is of the "Combat" type. # 3 in the below pic. That explains the low hits. What are the sight numbers? These can be changed out. Each higher number on the front sight = 1" higher @ 25 yds. Each higher # on the rear =2" higher at 25 yds.

Also noticed that you are grouping to the left on both targets. Check these targets out, they help correct common errors

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:57 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...yeah...I found out and read about the SIG site picture-AFTER I got done shootin' :roll: the rear site is an 8-front is a 6....and that fits my results....as you can see it wasnt the same with the P90....I've got a copy of that chart on my puter too....I've always had that tendency to pull low and left till I've warmed up after a few mags and made a concerted effort to NOT do that :lol ...but as I said this was just a quick trip out back-3 mags worth to czech things out...the 220 is soooo light compared to the P90 and 1911...some more range time and remembering the combat sight picture will make things much better....I am happy happy with it... :jmp: ....the P90 also...was quite natural to use...point....aim...shoot...good enough for me for the first time with it...will only get better :bigrin:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:13 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Here are a 10 rear & 7 front at INCREDIBLY low prices. Order these & I'll send you out my sight pusher. That should get you 5" higher @ 25m

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:23 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....DONE....just ordered them...... :Dbounce: ....now....you need my addy to send the pusher-or you still got it...I'll send it back as soon as I swap them out ;) ...should be here this upcoming week...they simply push out/push new in???...or are there any teeny tiny hidden screws or pins-I see something that looks like it might be on on top of the front site...
.......and does that then make it sight picture #1...??? :-o

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:36 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Nope they push right out. What you see has something to do with the tritium vials that are now long since dead. I'll get the tool mailed to you.

Here are instructions.....it will take all of 5 minutes to change them out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:41 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well if you were hitting 6" low.........these should bring you closer to you point of aim.....more like sight picture 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:28 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....that'll work just fine...... :Dbounce: ....spank you very much.... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:55 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...the replacement sites came yesterday...the pusher showed up today...will install tomorrow after work and do some test shots out back-stay tuned for a "full report"....as Klink would say... :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:50 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....SUCCESS...!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

.....took my time and just a lil' putzing and I got the sites out and in with noooooo problemo all within 10-15 minutes(wanted to make sure I done do it right)... :Dbounce: ...slipped out back with 2 magazines and set up target...got back at the same distance all excited and fired off 4 rounds..EGADS :-o ...they were low and left :-o :-( ...then it hit me-you dummass :roll: )...I was using the combat site pic :roll: ...so I settled down and fired the next 3 using site pic #2...hit slightly up and left of bull-with 2 touching :-o :grin: :grin: :grin: ...NOW I got the idea....put in the second mag...took my time,and fired the whole mag in a slow succesion about 1 second apart...and as you can see,all 7 went into one small group under 2 inches-including 1 dead center bull... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
photo cropd.JPG
photo cropd.JPG [ 132.72 KiB | Viewed 7931 times ]

....the slight left pull is me,not the pistol...I know it :lol ....still gotta work on that ;) ......but I am a a happy happy camper :jmp: ....will be sending your pusher back Monday morning with many thanks and spanks... :rotflma: ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Looks like the sight numbers did exactly as they are supposed to.

Nice Shooting! :bigrin:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:38 am 
The Knife
The Knife

That is good shooting. Looks like you have been doing a lot of practicing.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:01 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:36 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

That should lower a crackheads blood pressure to zero and have him down to room temp right quick.

Nice shooting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....the "participants" are the 2 on the right... :lol

45s-sm.JPG
45s-sm.JPG [ 125.06 KiB | Viewed 7881 times ]