[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - ...a new project.....

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ...a new project.....
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.......and dammit I'm pissed.. :evil: ..I just spent 10 minutes typing a post with 2 fingers about THIS-and when I attatched a set of pics it crashed on me and lost all I typed.....here's a different pic for now-I'll rewrite it tomorrow...in the meantime yooose guys guess what it is... :Dbounce:

1a.jpg
1a.jpg [ 197.02 KiB | Viewed 6312 times ]

8a.jpg
8a.jpg [ 213.11 KiB | Viewed 6312 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:50 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Now you can squeeze lemons for your tea! It's a neat little pistol & I still think it will be a hoot to shoot. Keep the crows out of your sweet corn! SW

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:24 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Ah a S&W 32 safety second model D. A.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:57 pm 

If you can score a box o' ammo save the brass - I think I can get it reloaded for you. I've heard people fire 32 auto in these since it's a semi-rimmed cartridge. I don't have any experience at that, though. SW

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:11 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....I was under the impression it wasnt safe to fire
...and Rad wins the prize for guessin it right...if my research was correct the serno. places it 1902-1904 manufacture...more likely 1903...
the guy at work brought it in askin if it was worth anything and wanted to get rid of it...according to him it was his wifey's grandfathers...and that he used to "do the numbers and run booze" back in the day and this was his 'carry'....said she found it in a jar full of change in her mothers house who recently passed and they were cleaning out the place...I told him I'd find out what I could about it and make him an offer....Rad pretty much nailed what I typed up before it went to the NSA storage facility...( :roll: )...as you can see heavily rusted(the grips are in the best condition of the whole thing)...3" barrel had lands and grooves but was rusted-'specially muzzle end....mint ones seem to go for $450-ish but this was rusted so much any restoration would likely cost more than its worth and a waste...I offered him $25 and he glady took it
....last nite I had it soakin in Kroil for a few hrs,then rinsed it out in brake fluid-blew it dry with compressor,then liberally squirted and rubbed Ballistoil for now into every nook and cranny to stop any further rusting...looks a good bit better and it cycles smoothly and the barrel even cleaned up well-has some shine to it now-some minor pitting visiblke,but there seems to be hope...what I was concerned about was the rust you see on the barrel and part of the cylinder -rust gone now but damage done...would it be possible say to use a dremel to smooth out the raised areas -mebbe just 'polish down' the grungy look to it...???....any ideas/suggestions...???
...as fer ammo,I cant find any other stuff around here let alone .32 short... :lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:40 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I looked it up in my Flayderman's book.

You might need half moon clips use the 32 auto and those I don't know about.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:23 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...if I was to fire it I'd rather not mess around and just use what its 'posed to shoot....right now I'm more into recommendations for how to clean her up to be a bit more 'presentable... :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:28 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...well I just hit a snag.... :-? ,,,,as I said I'm lookin into how to get it a bit more'presentable'....while holding it and lookin at it sideways I can see thru the area between the cylinder and the area in back where the firing pin is....when the pistol is opened I can clearly see the FP-it does NOT seem broken or chipped in any way....but when I close it up and dry fire it I noticed the FP does not protrude to "fire" the cartridge....I got out my .357 and removed ammo(o course) and looked from the same angle and dry fired and can clearly see the FP 'pop out' to hit any cartridge that would be in there...back to the .32 ....dry fire again-no FP....I assumed therefore that sumthin inside may be either rusted frozen or busted(?)...so since there are only 2 screws holding the sideplate on(see pic#2) I decided to remove them-and it....big fat one came out fairly easy,and inside was kinday slushy rusty oil-likeley form me soaking it....the smaller second one I could not even get to budge :-? ....and at the last second the screwdriver slipped and took out a chunk of screw... :-o ...I figgered I'd better stop before I buggered it so bad itd never come out......what to do???....what to do...????? :roll: :-(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:52 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....oooooh....never mind 'bout the FP....apparently it stays quite recessed and when the trigger is pulled the lil bugger pops out so fast I cant even see it....I put my finger over it and pulled trigger and YOW it stuck me like a bee :-o ...I then held a piece of paper tightly over the FP hole and did it again and it pokes a nice hole in the paper...so its works :Dbounce:
....so now-since you guys are so bored and have nuthin' to write about-how to I smooth out and pretty up the rust where the plating USED to be...??? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:55 pm 

Put a few drops of kroil on the broken screw & let it soak in a couple days. Some of those soft screws can give you fits. SW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:18 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I have a impact screw driver that will either start the screw moving or maybe break it off.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member