Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

I took my MK VI Webley to the gunsmith today and the news is grim. :-( The end shake is quite bad and the lockup isn't much better. He also doesn't have the confidence that he can do the repairs. Major bummer for me! His recommendation is to find a gunsmith who can work on it. No luck on that effort so far. If anyone knows of such a critter, please, please let me know. I don't like having wall hangers in the gun locker.
On a more positive note, my indoor range had 2-8 pound cans of Unique on the shelf. One of which came home with me. Hooray for Captain Spaulding! :jmp: Didn't get gouged on the price too badly either, they charged me $170.~ and that includes Ohio sales tax.

"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist"
Victoria 1899

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:50 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

sorry to hear this , i do not know a gunsmith that can help these days , i dont shoot mine often , but you need to ask often someone will jump in with a contact im sure ,

nice score on the powder - its really tuff to find here and ive been looking these days

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:10 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

I'm glad I bought the powder at the indoor range I joined. At the Bill Goodmans show today, a rat bastard vendor had an 8 pound can with $400.00 tag on it. I can only hope he takes it home with him. I mean $50.00 a pound for Unique. C'mon man, before all the hoarding and shortages, a 1 pound can was going for about $17.00. I thought I was getting a little hosed on the price I paid. I mean, I paid $34.00 a pound and was actually happy they had it in stock.

Victoria 1899

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

seems there are more opportunist around these days than there used to be , but then ....government intervention , hope i can find tripple F for my long gun when i get it this fall , ive got lead and a lead on a mold , we shall see , more rifles will be hangin on the wall in the future , i want to at least have the fixins should the day come

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:41 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Update on the sick Webley. After some research I have discovered that what we call endshake on a pistol has been deliberately designed into the Webley MK VI. The 'wobble' is there to enable the pistol to operate in any environment, mostly the mud and crud of the trenches in Flanders. Closer examination tells me that the lockup is tight when the trigger is pulled and then held. This is a very good thing for me. The bad thing is it is probably something wrong with the cylinder itself. Citizen Swihart has given me a source for information and, hopefully, parts. When time permits, I will be giving them a call.

Victoria 1899

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:57 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

You need more time to nap, don't you?

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:18 am 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Actually Citizen, I have all I need! :Dbounce: Right now I'm in a northern state of being and I really like it. You may want to give Barton a call. He's off this week and is spending it at the Middletown range. Been there, it's very nice. Has a range officer, covered gun line all the amenities you could ask for.

Victoria 1899