[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - My personal pistola

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My personal pistola
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:28 am 
Captain
Captain

I do have a few, some .22s and a few military pistols that I like to play with, but "The One" is my PR-9, a 15 shot Hungarian Auto 9mm.
I have shot 3 cases of Hertenbergs +p+ submachinegun ammo through it without a burp, blown primer or stuck case.
No cracks, no peening , spalling or real wear on the frame, slide,lugs, rifling or chamber. :D

The only real problems Ive had were with the ammo. Duds, or hangfires a couple times and "Once" I had a winchester white box brand blast out of battery, leaving me with a sore foot when the near full clip was blown out, the slide back and the brass starred.....the bullet was barly past the chamber, so I pushed it out with the rod, unstuck the slide (Brass shard had jammed) and put in the iother mag, it chugged along untill today...still not sure what happend there
So I took it out today and gave it taste of Wolf, firing 150 rds and again, no problemo :D
BIG difference in Power , and I can "Feel" that....Wolfs as mellow as Winchester , or the Finn 9mm ammo I got in the 90's from Numrich (Red pimer/bullet sealant)
I picked up several thousand rds of Wolf in Fairbanks, so Im thinking to stach the last couple cases of Hert's , and save out the couple 3 hundred rds that are already out for Bear use. The Wolf is now my plinking rounds, and winter carry/shoot stuff.
In winter, if it isnt litterally attached to you, you dont really own it. This baby rides on my belt, in a Chinese corderoy lined leather holster that give it full protecton and keeps the fine accumulated snow that gathers in ever crevis from ever being a problem. A nice cleaning rod with a screwdriver tip and a patch slot along with a pouch that keeps the spare clip ready but covered.
Snowgos sink, you can crash and burn (I mean BURN)and a million other things that go on. In summer, I carry a rifle untill Im actually berry picking or something I know Im gonna fill my arms with, like wood, or greens, ect..

I just love the accuracy with this gun, and its helped with more than a couple bears, uncountable Caribou, and the same for curious fox thet come up for a close look. 9mm drills deep holes, and actually is good on fur.
I like this gun so much I carved my name into the frame.
I will never sel it, though I may wear it out, someday.
Its been 17 straight winters now...This gun is my friend :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:23 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:35 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:58 pm 
Captain
Captain

Sure as heck, theres nothing wrong with a 454, or any pistol that is a powerhouse.
I have LOTS of friends who carry .44s everwhere, and .357's in a close second. Thats why I use the +P+, they have near about .357 velocity.

The trick, as always is being able to hit where you aim, no matter the prfference.

My friend Ess casts his .45acp with what he calls 'stiff' loads and hardend lead. I know that front on, a spine shot would stop any charging animal, and semi auto is sweet in such a case. I dont think hes stopped any bears, but his APC pulverizes Caribou, no problemo! :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:00 pm 
Captain
Captain

Last edited by ehailstone on Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:20 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:37 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Now ain't that purdy :!:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:40 pm 
Captain
Captain

Txpete,
Im thinking Hogs and Bears are cousins, and your logic is very sound. Thats why I love the fastest FMJs, and most all my friends use solids as well. If I owned a .44, I'd use it too.
I do have a GP101 and a GP100,, .357's but I preferr to let the women carry them, as their attention is usually on the ground, picking plants, berrys, cutting fish, ect.

Smatter of fact , I have a pict sent to me by my pard Joey, who "Unplugged" a nice 9 foot Brownie with one shot from his 40S&W Glock, that he loads a bit Hot.... with a shot fron about 50 paces (His claim), and a bit above the bear, as it was walking down the Beach and he was berry picking on the bank above, where the blackberrys are. He didnt make the next step, shot into a trembling heap with a shot to the neck, right behing the 'mane', just behind the skull.
This was about 2 weeks ago.

Now the "Other " bullet is a .223, maby a 55gr, that they found IN THE BEAR!!!! Guy had already met people, and it fazed him not a bit. The .223 was under the skin in his back, obviously not in a vital place.

I'll say, too, that I aint ever using Wolf ammo on Bears....not at all powerfull enough, but the +P+ is up to snuff.

I gotta git in on a Hog hunt before I leave this earth, that looks like the challege I like, and since them Hogs are "Unlimited" (as I understand) the fun could go on quite awhile :grin: :grin:
It would be fun trying different guns on them. :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I gotta lotta respect for them bears... Maybe it's overkill, but I'd feel safer behind something that pushed out .500 S&W, or maybe a 102 mm Flak gun. The latter of the two even pre-chews the meat.

I see where people go out and hunt them in New Jersey with a 12 ga! I like excitement as much as the next feller. But I don't know what to think about going after a bear... with just a 12ga. Make sure your extractors are working on those pumps. Would hate to have a shell jam! *lol*

Yeah, I'm guessing .223 ain't gonna do much unless you get the right placement. They say when you're scared you'll shoot high. I wouldn't mind havin that Isreali .308 Mybusa's got on the back of a LandRover, now that "might" make me feel a bit safer. A nice good belt fed mower-machine! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The idea of hunting hogs, for somereason it seems safer. Maybe that's cause I've been around a lotta hogs here in Iowa, and they don't seem that smart. Bears seem pretty smart. Maybe its the razor sharp paws bigger than my head that make me leery! :lol

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:23 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Chip,

Those Hunkies can make some nice weaponry! I have an AK made by the Magyars & it's one of the finer ones I've seen.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete