Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

This is a special chance to own a famous pistol with a unique story behind each dent and scratch. You could purchase a 1911 that was used on the front lines by a brave American soldier.

No matter the maker or condition, this is an exciting opportunity for civilians and military members alike.

Limited Release

The Army will make these surplus pistols available through the government-chartered Civilian Marksmanship Program or CMP. The release will be limited to only several thousand in 2018. Your best chance to get one is to be prepared and ready to act.

The CMP spent a lot of time working out how to best fairly sell the pistols.

US SOLDIERS SET TO RECEIVE NEW HOLSTER AS ARMY DEPLOYS ITS LATEST PISTOL

All that’s needed is President Trump’s signature, signing the bill into law and the handguns will be released – that’s your signal to jump into the fray to try to nab one. Head over to CMP’s website to get in the action for the rollout.

Get ready in advance so you’re poised to strike and nab one.

You’ll need a copy of a U.S. birth certificate, passport or any other official proof of citizenship. For military IDs, E5 and above can be used.

3 OF THE CRAZIEST BULLETPROOF BODY ARMOR ADVANCES OF 2017

To prove you meet age requirements, you can use that same proof of identification if it details your birthdate.

Make sure you have proof ready that you fall within the guidelines. You’ll need to provide proof of membership in a CMP-affiliated organization like a membership card or CMP Club Member Certification Form.

You also need to provide proof you know how to safely handle firearms and are familiar with shooting range safe conduct.

If your state has any other documents required to purchase a handgun then that paperwork needs to be included as well.

There is also a specific 1911 form that needs to be filled in. You can find a complete list of all the requirements, the mail order process, CMP organizations and all other relevant details on the CMP website.

How much?

Once the crates are opened by CMP they will inspect, grade, and value everything to determine the prices.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:31 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I keep hearing these will be crazy expensive - what's the straight story with that? SW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:57 pm 
Major
Major

There will be so many applicants, they will draw names like a lottery. They are limiting dispersals and will do it over years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i am glad i already have mine - the WWI and the WWII , i suspect that the reasonable ones will be mixmasters , interchangeable parts worked for the military but not so much for collectors , the talk of singers is hype i my mind but we shall see - i do not think there are NIB singers in stores at this point in time , just sayin , some remingtons and ithaca's maybe , they were scheduled for bomber crews late war ,

its fun to see these make the major news sorta ...it was as much fun to read that the attempt to prove that the internet sales were supplying illeagal guns to those that could not own failed - read that today , no takers on the regular net and only a few on the 'black net' , whatever that is , but even those would not sell to the sting folks that claimed they could not own , total bust of the liberal attempt to prove the obama claim , it failed - cant buy them - they should go eat crap ,