Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i have four sigs today , i had a couple more once but like a fool i sorta sold them thinking i could easily replace them , that was when things were a bit tight ,

i still have my sig 1911-22 , and my SS1911 , a SS926 and my carry 938 , i had ordered another 938 that i was told to cancel - i thought to just accept and enjoy ,

but tonight i canceled that order and reordered the new M17 , i got to handle one of the first they have made and i decided to go to the dark side - it is both a striker fire [not my choice to date] and a polymer frame [never one ive considered] but it is the current military standard and i have to say , at least to myself , it is one really fine feeling handgun , fits the hand well [i have small hands] with 17 in the standard mag but accepts their 21 round extended mag as well , it comes up well , the trigger is just a little spongy but thats because its striker fired i think , i did not shoot it with live ammo - it might feel a bit different with that , and all told true we had a couple beers before we looked at them **NO AMMO WAS INVOLVED AT ALL** we just checked it out , after all these just came off the line to the reps - no one has seen them yet , i think it is one fine handgun , love the desert tan color and the versatility of the frame , i think i made a good choice tonight ,

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well , it got accelerated status and delivered yesterday , its really nice , i have the romeo1 red dot sight for it as well , not yet mounted and i think i might hold off a bit till i shoot it with irons , maybe let my son shoot it with them as well , then i wil fit that up to it ,

i loaded the mags - both held 17 easily as advertised , now to find time to shoot it , i got a case of sig 9mm ammo as well , i may seek out one of the high cap mags just to have one before they get banned ,

i know the government is trialing the safariland 7TS drop holster system but i dont think they have adopted yet and i do not think they are available yet , i want to get one but i will want whatever they actually adopt to be correct ,
they are also trialing the streamlight and lazermax defence lazer/light combos , i have a viridian that is terrific , might switch that over from my sig 1911

i will post photos when i can get everything lined up ,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i shot it yesterday - it shoots better than i do by far , im still not sold on plastic or striker fire but i cannot argue with the function - it was perfect and the trigger on this one proves the new generation military is well equipped in my book , i will not be converting from my 1911 era beliefs in this lifetime but i will admit the new handgun of the US military is one i would be proud to serve with and this one takes its rightful place in my cabinet , probably the last i will collect in my lifetime , but i got most from 1851 - 2017 models at this point ,

i have to adjust the cabinet to take the 1858 remington yet but i am ok with that winter project - this one already has a place , wonder if ill find a flintlock military ? that will require another adjustment , i have room and i have time this winter to do the adjusting ,