Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

my kimber 22 conversion , a permanent lower that would look like- feel like and shoot like my full size kimber TLE II , i found one recently , pretty close match and it has a decent trigger that my local guy can slick if need be to match the first 3-gun pistol Kimber Custom TLE II i bought back when i actually could at least keep up a little - those days are long gone but ive always wanted to set up a 22 cal practice gun that pretty well matches it ,

i found a nice rock island arsenal M1911 A1 that fits the bill , i need to mention that although they call it an A1 it is not - marketing ploy , it is actually a straight up 1911 straight grip , no arch to the main spring housing , lower is a bit grey as opposed to the 45 black but it helps one know which you picked up - not real noticeable till you look close , it does not have the mag well flair of the 45 but i could add that if i wanted it , i added that to the 45 ,

slides match perfectly , the rubber grip scales match the crimson trace on the 45 pretty close , the hammer is a bit squarer head on than the 45 but the relief cut is so close you cannot tell from the side , grip knurling is a bit different but really close , the 45 has fixed tritium night sights , the 22 has an adjustable rear and black front but i could change that if i ever wanted to it has a different trigger relief pattern [the 45 has round holes and the 22 has square ones] but pulls pretty close to the same - too close to mess with for now , the grip safety is slightly different but again you have to look the beaver tails are nearly identical , all controls are a match ,

weight is really close empty and side-by-side they nearly match , not put it in my match holster yet but i doubt it will be an issue based on what i see , the mags even fit my match pouches because they are basically a 45 with 22 fittings , i am a happy camper - now to shoot it and be confirmed , better weather coming but i may break down and go to and indoor range and pay to play ....i shoot free at the outdoor i work for , maybe the 9th if weather permits , i am working a CCW class that will allow me to be on the range ..............i want spring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!