Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:22 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

he found a stainless sig P226 that he really wanted , i think he knew i was a soft touch for that model and wanted one in the worst way , i think he also knew he gets to use what i have - and will one day inherit them , so in a way he bought it but it depleted my discretionary funds for the year , im looking forward to taking it to the range ....if he doesnt borrow it first , have not decided if i want anything on the rail yet , the holster only takes the gun ,

it looks real nice next to that sig stainless 1911 i bought from rebel a number of years ago , that one shoots great and is my BBQ gun these days , i fitted it with a viridian light laser on the rail and a nice kydex holster that accepts the combo , it is my home defence these days as well , pretty accurate out to 30 feet - its as far as ive tried it , the green laser is bright enough to go further tho ,

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:32 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I sold a friend a Sig 226 Stainless, in 357 sig, he put a 9mm barrel in it afterwards

one of the most accurate pistols I have shot, and with that heavy SS frame and slide, the recoil with 9mm was next to nothing,

he sold it off in a downsizing move a year or so ago,

I have an early Interarms import 226 as a shop gun, sits nice and quietly on a shelf in the back room just in case,

and a 228 and early 229 for myself as well as a P6 that was a carry gun for a good while

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i cant say enough of my good experiences with my sigs over the years , i carry a P938 legion as does my daughter and my wife carries a 938 as well , my son has one but its not his primary he prefers berretta ,
my sig 1911-22 , even though not a real sig , is one of my favorite 22s and my M17[P320] shoots lights out - never thought id like a polymer gun but this one convinced me to order up a P322 , hope to have that soon , ordered a romeo for it and may need to get a can as well ,