[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - beretta 90two ? anybody know about these ?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i think i have that right , my son called last night asking about them , seems he has an interest in getting one and wants me to check it out for him before he does , id be interested in any input , links to info , sugested shopping locations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:10 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Looks like the "Smoothed" it over & by buffering added to the service life of the frame. Looks good! I like the rounded trigger guard better than the standard 92

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:25 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i looked at that site as well , it looks nice but im wondering if anyone has had one to hold and shoot ? im thinking it looks like an improvement over the older 92

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well , the boy [young man] has made up his mind , its what he wants , im going to seek out the best price i can find since ive promised to front/i mean contribute to his purchase ,
he could do worse than take up this hobby - he might try to become a rock star :?
OH YEA , he is doing that , and sorta succedeing so i guess i gotta drop that approach , specialy since he has a good job too , and both are paying well ,
so anyway , he could do worse than take up this hobby :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wow , been checkin prices - magr list $700 / i can get it retail about $635 , found a sale $580 , no matter how ya cut it they aint cheap ,

the boy has good taste tho , the guys i know that carry professionaly - the ones carrying older model 92-f say this is quite a nice piece ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

$580 is my price form a distributor. May want to see if you can do a layaway or something at that price

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thats where i was getting it :D :D :D , i still think its new - it may come down , im probably wrong .........but i need a few coins first

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:56 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Yeah, it's an expensive gun. I mean myself, I'd just stick with the 92fs, but the 90two is pretty snazzy lookin and has that rail.

I haven't shot one yet, want to. I honestly haven't heard one way or the other on 'em yet. I'd imagine since it's by Beretta... It should be a good gun. '$pensive though :-? But what ain't :wink: Tell him to get a Nagant Revolver :lol

...the gun is cheap... but the ammo ain't :!: :!: :!:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

He might also consider one of these

Heavily influenced by the CZ 75 s'posed to be pretty nice pistols
price is better too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i like that one very much , if it were just mine and only me id go for the armalite right off ,
my son on the other hand has the affinity for the berrettas , he will invest the most and end up with it in the end and it is intended to be his shooter - so i will wait till i get a "NEW" one for just me to get that ,

for now i still love my S&W 39 , its the one i carry and the one i like the best in terms of 'feel' , also quite accurate for me , so fullfills my needs well ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:10 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Beretta makes a good gun. Everytime something goes bump in the night, or the zombies claw at the windows, I put my life behind my Beretta without a second thought.

The most important thing I stress with a new handgun is "How does it feel to you?" If you're not happy with it, if you don't love the way it feels in your hand, or if you've got any second doubts about it, and you're not confident in it... you wont like it.

Have him go out and fondle a lot of guns. He'll prolly come back to the Beretta (but that's just cause they're so great!) but just tell him to check out the other options too. That AR24 does look pretty neat though.

That's just one feller's opinion though.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:31 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i think your right - he has shot most all of mine but as far as new ones go he has limited exposure , ill sugest he cget out and hold some

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:23 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Keep us posted on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:46 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Just an aside....
The folks at my local range rent most popular models out.
They have to send back the Berettas almost twice as often as the S&W's, Colt's, Glocks or Rugers for servicing.
Take to heart that these guns get shot constantly, 7 days a week, but that gives me pause.
We're also talking 92f's here, not any newer model.
just trying to give the lone voice of "maybe not".
I understand that it's not actually for you Mike, so there you go.
jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i appreciate the info and warning of sorts , im still discussing this with him as im not sure he has taken a carefull enough look yet - and he has time , while saving the cash , :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im afraid he has discovered the milsurp collectors crutch you all taught so often - LAY_AWAY :-o

im not sure its a good thing but hes fast approaching 24 and earns his own money , hes not yet married[explains why he buys guitars and guns] and not immenently getting there , so i guess he needs to start somewhere - and im not inclined to give up any more of mine till i think im headed out of this world :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Layaway is the devil! It's how I've gotten a lot of stuff! Don't forget to have him get lots of ammo, cause the price ain't ever gonna drop on that now :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:07 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well - his money is down and he is well on his way to a fulfledged addiction :-?

but at least he has started young and he did look long and hard - he called me seven times this week - i dont think weve spoken that many times in any of the last five years :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:17 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

*lol* Well, maybe this can be the start of something good. Just remind him, with every paycheck pick up one or two boxes of ammo, thats how you build a stockpile as a working man. Sure you could just buy 1,000 rounds of JHP 9mm, but that tends to take a bite out of the wallet. 50 rounds here, 50 rounds two weeks later, eventually you're sittin on a nice little egg. Thats how I got to where I am on my little pile of 9mm JHP.

Glad to see another join the proud ranks of the Beretta Clan.
I LOVE MY BERETTAS :!: :twisted: :!: :twisted: :!: :twisted: :!: Just ONE more payment till I get my CX4 Storm in .45ACP :!:

And nows the time to get into milsurps, sorta, I mean these things wont be on the market forever. EVENTUALLY the mosins will dry up. :-? Buy now :!: Buy often :!: I need about 10 more mosins :!: *lol* TEN :!: Maybe 10 more Enfileds 8) Still makes me sick to the stomach thinking about how I ruined my beautiful BSA. :cry: Heck, SOME of you guys out there got a lot more than that 20 or so more I'd like :lol