[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Some handguns

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some handguns
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:25 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Just browsing, and thought I'd throw up some handguns.
Here's my 1945 made do it all. An Engliss(Canadian made) Hi-Power.
Here's some assorted Japanese Stuff.

Smith and Wesson Victory Model, lend lease to the Britts..It's .38 S&W.

I have some more but that'll do for now.
Just bought my first 1911 today and I'm literally sitting on pants full of ants waiting for it.
jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:33 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

lovin it , these are great - ive a fondness for the ingliss myself -

i do have a victory that i keep with my webley/enfeild/albion , because it also is 38S&W but mine has no foreign service marks
far left revolver

but have no japanese , ive never seen one localy available or i might have one , or two , or three...........
i love seeing yours , thanks for the great photos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:43 pm 
International Man of Mystery

Wow, I love these Hi-powers.
The Dutch Army used to have these before the Glock 17 was issued to us.
Thanks for the memories.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:24 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Martin
I am e mailing a young fellow 17 years old from DEVENTER about my Regt during WW2 The Royal Winnipeg Rifles liberation of the town 9 April 1945. The children of Holland know their history.
Retired RSM
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:37 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
This is my Inglis No2 Mk1* made fall 1944

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:42 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi oldarisaka
Your Inglis Hi Power No2 Mk1* was made Dec 1944.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

there you go , i was looking for my copy of the inglis diamond as you posted , great data

my no1 is actualy younger than my no2 , the no1 is a refinished 2CH series - july 1945 , while the no2 is original finish 1T series - sept 1944
i have a 1944 1st pattern holster and a 1945 2nd pattern holster in addition to the walnut 1945 S A Ltd stock/holster ,

Last edited by A square 10 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:06 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:51 pm 

Thanks Gerry and yes...we do know our history.
Freedom is important to us so my grandparents and my parents told me about the German occupation.
Now...I tell my kids so they do not forget why we have it so good over here.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:10 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Martin
I have been in Europe inc Holland all the Kids know thier history. We try and sent members of our Association over every couple of years It have been 1989,1991,2004,and 2006 hope to go 2009.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:04 am 

Gerry,

I know it´s a bit early, but whenever you decide to fly over, please let me know.
I´d love to meet you over here.
We could have a beer....or two if you like.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:51 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:02 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:04 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:47 am 

Gerry,

Eede is in the south-west of Holland near the Dutch North Sea coast.
I live in the south-east of Holland near the German border.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:02 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.