Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

iver johnson , 5-round 38cal , sn6867 and butt marked ; pat nov 17 08 & pat's pending , bbl marked ; iver johnson arms and cycle works */ * fitchburg , mass , U.S.A. * ,
shes been shot some - not cleaned much -but not too bad
blueing is maybe 90% with a little holster wear and a little surface rust and pitting typical of storage in leather holster or wrapped in a towel [how it was handed to me]
function is fine , lokckup is tight , ejection is smooth , DA/SA -works great , nothing has been cut/filed or messed with
best of all , the black plastic owl grip scales are perfect - no cracks , no chips , no wear :D

any idea of worth ? any idea who might be interested ? any extra info ? links ?

and as long as im posting - the fellow who requested my input for a friend on this first one , has a nickle plated S&W of same style , it has a black/blue trigger guard that is squared at the front , these are typical pocket pistols and or desk drawer guns ,
i know there are those who like these but i dont have any contacts , anyone have some they would care to share ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thanks don , thought that was close , folks often think they are worth more but there are a lot of these out there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

it has the hammer - thus the DA/SA , i can cockit , its not nickle plated - its blued and i did confirm the $ on a couple sites as far as the reatail , i would say it needs TLC and a good home but i fear the owner thinks its GOLD PLATED ,

the S&W is nickle plated and in better condition , it also seems to be in keeping with dons quote by my research , this one id like to have but id not want to pay much for the privledge so i doubt ill get eather ,

if anyone is wanting one and needs more info photos - i would be happy to forward it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:47 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i returned this , with printed copy of the matches i found , the owner thought she had a $500 collectors piece , but would sacrifice it for $400 ,
what i found were from $100-a high joe salter price of $125 for a nearly identical piece , and i explained that he sells retail at that - so he buys at half or less , but sugested they search further if they thought i was wrong , i think this could be a really bad buisness to be in in a case like this :-?