[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - 1911s

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 1911s
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:53 pm 
OUTLAW

thats a good looking 45 8-)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:58 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:21 am 
LCDR
LCDR

I want 1 of those 22 kits too.It would let me shoot my 1911 more often.

All nice stuff guys. :grin:

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Looks like I have the smallest 45 in this picture fest. These also come in single stack.

Rad

Attachments:
File comment: Warthog
DSC01577.JPG
DSC01577.JPG [ 140.98 KiB | Viewed 8992 times ]

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:34 am 
OUTLAW

so how does that snubbie shoot?.looks like it would slide in your back pocket just fine.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

naw - the bin is tight - i didnt measure as well for the handguns as i did for the rifles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:58 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:26 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Time to wake this place up!
1st, how does the WARTHOG shoot? I'd bet it is an evil little bastard to hang on to. :-o

This weekend Dad decided to give me his Colt "Enhanced" Commander. Dad's 87 and he doesn't think he wants to mess with recoil of that 45 anymore. He's got a houseful of 9MM's in various flavors and he really likes his old Smith Mod 39.

He and I were at a gun show back in the 80's when he bought this thing. They guy selling it said it was no fun to shoot. He was right. One handed that thing was a fuggin beast. Had it double on me a couple of times. NEVER shot a 1911 as unruly as this child.

I'd been messing with a variety of 1911's over the years and had a few spare parts left over after I decided I wasn't going to mess with 1911's any more. One of the parts happened to be that 2 port compensator bushing. I stuck it on there and that beast is a TOTALLY different animal now. Down side, it's damn close to a full size 1911. Shoots great though.

I'm going to put it back as it was issued and try it again with BOTH hands and see how I like it. IF I don't, I'll carry with the bottle opener on the front end. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:47 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

That would be a handfull with those flying ashtrays. You could score a lighter spring and try milder ammo just for fun.

**Hope your jaw is feeling better!! :-o ** SW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:07 pm 

Since we're doing show-n-tell 45s, I'm in. My 70 series Gov't Model with mucho mods. I even bought exotic wood grips but can't remember what variety. Boy, that was $ well-spent! Beavertail grip safety - ambi thumb safety - drop in 3.5# trigger kit - better sights... it's a long list.

And my BHP also with mods. Cyl&Slide enhanced leverage transfer bar - Novak sights - Spegel grips of Honduran Rosewood - polished ramp so hollow points feed reliably. SW

45 001 (1024x717).jpg
45 001 (1024x717).jpg [ 487.15 KiB | Viewed 8945 times ]

45 002 (1024x766).jpg
45 002 (1024x766).jpg [ 423.34 KiB | Viewed 8945 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:03 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

The wart hog, to me, isn't any worse the a full size 1911. The far grips and the ten round mag gives it some weight. I started shooting the 1911 in the service using only one hand and used to be fairly good with it. I have gotten a couple 13 rnd and a couple 29 rnd mags for it.

I have a full size 1911 but the last time I shot it it was stove piping some. Just may need a new extractor.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Thought I had posted in this thread several years ago.

Colt Series 80
Springfield Armory
Kimber Ultra Carry II

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:34 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....my Springfield GI model...(LOVE IT!)
......next to my Springfield XD-s....recoilis VERY managable a pleasure to shoot-bout the same as a hot 9mm to me-daily carry
........and my Sig P220-from Germany... :Dbounce:

1911A1-XDS a.jpg
1911A1-XDS a.jpg [ 309.66 KiB | Viewed 8938 times ]

p220-a.jpg
p220-a.jpg [ 1.92 MiB | Viewed 8938 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:20 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...with ammo in short supply-and expensive( :roll: ) thre aint much "goin out"....just enuf to make sure things work... :Dbounce:
.....and my XD-s is my carry... :jmp:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:16 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:08 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....i HAVE been.....ALL of it.... :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:22 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I was digging around through my stash and found 15 homeless rounds of 45 ball. Went down to the old folks yesterday and took 'em Easter dinner. Took the 45 and ammo for a test run. One of the mags was acting stupid and I wanted to see if that aftermarket thing would work as advertised.

Mag did great. I took the compensator off and ran 8 rounds through it after running 7 through it with the compensator. Used the old two hand grip and it wasn't bad. The beavertail marked the web of my hand a bit. Oh well.

I'll carry it w/o the compensator.

It's still a sweet shooting pistola.

Funny thing about my Hi-Powr. It is bone stock, as issued/made in '68. I've run about every design of hollow point made through that thing and it has never had a hiccup. It's still my first love. LOL

Got my stitches out today. Yesterday was the first day I could my mouth open wide enough to bite a sandwich. TODAY, I'm on a liquid diet so I can have the light shined up my butt tomorrow. Have to start drinking the COLON-BLOW this evening. REALLY looking forward to that....... :bull:

Be glad when all this mess is over. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:40 pm 

You have my entire sympathy with the colonoscopy. Mom passed away from colon cancer which makes me genetically pre-disposed. Which means I have a regular schedule for them.

Ain't advancing age grand. :-( SW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:30 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....yup....I get to visit Mr Roto-Rooter again later on this year :roll: ...he found a couple of suspicious characters lurkin' in the dark last time so he's callin be back sooner to make sure some of their friends werent stil 'hangin around" :jok: ...I really dont mind the proceedure as much as I do havin to drink that lousy tastin crap just to crap... :wcj: :bull: :jok: :daz: