[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - 1914 Erfurt P-08

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1914 Erfurt P-08
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:25 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

1914 Erfurt with 1920 Wiemar Republic date, Kreighoff grips, all matching numbers.

The holster is a repro.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:13 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:14 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Wiemar Date is when Germany was 'ruled' by the Weimar Republik, ca. 1919 to 1933

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:18 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Oh how could one not love a luger!! I have 3 and their all my friends :D :D

But your not the only one who cant see the sights well. Age has something to do about it. :grin: :grin:

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:35 pm 
Major
Major

DROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!!!!!

a luger is High on my want list!!
You guys are makin me depressed!!

GG

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:28 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:55 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Tenboremag

Your grips look alot like the grips on my 1940 Luger? Mine is a bit newer then yours but it look like the same grips. What do you think? Can you post a photo of the back side of you grips?

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....I dont drool-I lust... :rotflma:

....all that happens when you guys post these Luger pics is that I get all frustrated and have to go fondle my P-38....... :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:02 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Mybusa, I'll do that. It may be awhile though till I get to it.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:10 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

No hurry. My pistol is not going any place soon. I plan on keeping it till the end!!

Then one of my daughters will have to deal with it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:03 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tenbore,where did that info about the 1920 surstamp come from?
Everything I've ever read says that the 1920 date was stamped on all weapons retained by the Reichswehr,but that the date was reqired to be struck by the Allied treaty commission that oversaw the "new" German army after WW1. Or prehaps the treaty itself,since the 1921 date is supposed to exist,but I've never seen anything but 1920 on any of the Lugers or Mausers I've looked at over the years.
I did this backwards anyway! Thats a fine P.08 you have gotten,makes my DWM 1918 look kinda shabby... :lol

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Last edited by Kar98AZ on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:01 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Herr Mario,
do you mean your P-38 can opener? :grin:

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:33 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Kar98AZ,
My information comes from John Walter's bookThe Luger Story chapter 11 p.160-162.

He states, "On 1st August 1920 the high command of the armed forces ordered that all small arms and relevant accessories should be given new property marks in addition to their manufacturing dates. The goal was to identify guns that were subsequently stolen , particularly as, on 7th August 1920, parliament passed the 'Disarming of the People Law' requiring civilians to surrender firearms and accessories which had once been military."
He further states that this date "has no connection with the 'Allied Control Commission' or any other agency supervising the issue of weapons in Germany."
This is only one source so keep in mind there may be other conflicting information out there.

I may have mis-stated the info on the 1921 date.
Here is what Walter says,"... a few guns delivered during the early months of 1921- whether newly made or refurbished is questionable- displayed the '1920' and '1921', the former being the property mark and the latter the actual date of manufacture."

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:45 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:52 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Thanks Tenbore,I had never heard of this before.Now I'll have to add Walter's Luger book to the list of books I should buy & probably won't. :lol
-TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers