[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Lucky pistols (3) find! Broke for awhile.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:32 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:40 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Without seeing a picture, I would say that a Webley Mark VI marked with a NZ is almost certainly an indication of New Zealand ownership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:38 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:47 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looking good :grin: :grin: and :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:52 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:54 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The Italian Glisenti is in 9mm Glisenti, which is a downloaded 9mm Parabellum. All the books I have warn strongly against trying to use any 9mm Para ammo in it.-TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:41 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I'm not sure if I'll shoot it but it does sound as if I can use std 9mm cases and down load them. I will need to find some correct grips for it as it has worn wood grips on it and from the photos I see they were plastic looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:51 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:51 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:59 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Last edited by Mybusa on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:38 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:11 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Well I went in to put the deposit down and start the 10 day wait! And I was able to get some poor photos to drool over for the time being. Beware there are a few here.

The real bad news is as I was there I saw a Swed Husvarna pistol with a Jap shoulder holster and then down the line a well used but decent Type 26 pistol. So I ask to see both pistols and holster and point out that the holster is Japanese and not Swedish.

The Jap also came from the same collection and they are taking offers! So I offered 350 for the set and they took it so there is now 5 pistols there with my name on them and at least they are 2/3 paid for!!

All pistols that I could see were matching numbers.

Here are the photos

Jap Type 26. 350.00

Steyr Budapest marked I could not get it opened!! 300.00

Italian pistol with wood grips that I'm not sure are correct and a little rust as seen in one photo serial number 914. 250.00

Webley Mark VI NZ marked, cut for 45acp. 400.00

Mauser Pistol not as much blue as remembered but very nice and I just love this one!!. 900.00

Sorry those are the best I could do with my cheap camera. I had to delete a few that just didn't come out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:54 am 
Colonel
Colonel

SW and KAR98

On the Italian pistol would 9mm subsonic work in the pistol safely? And on the Mauser is the tok ammo I have safe to shoot in it? I bought the Chinese ammo years ago (10) and was shooting it out of another Mouser C96.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:31 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Mark,

I wouldn't fire sub-sonic in the Glisenti! Most of that has a 147 grain boolet & it weighs too much. Custom load yourself some VERY mild 9mms. The LIGHTEST bullet you can find with the LIGHTEST powder charge that will barely cycle the action. Basically 380 loads in a 9mm case.

The 9mm Glisenti cartridge was very wimpy. Cartridges of the World shows a 116 gr bullet w/ 4.0 of Bullseye for a little over 1000 fps. I'd start with 3.0/Bullseye to see if it will cycle the action.

Remember: something breaks, parts are non-existent. SW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:10 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:18 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:46 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I'm with Steve on the Glisenti ammo.I'd even consider 9mm cast bullets for it.Sarco still has C96 clips in their ad:
STC022 C96 Mauser,original 4.95 3/12.00 10/29.95
STC023 C96 Mauser,Brass,Original 8.95 3/24.95 10/64.95
Also
STC031 Mannlicher 7.65 MM Pistol 4.95 3/12.95 10/34.95
Work for the Roth - Steyr?
Shouldn't have looked at the C96 so long,now the keyboard is damp :lol -TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:31 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Looks great! Amazing find! I feel your pain, when I went to pick up my PSL on Saturday I happened to find a FAL, which I am now working on paying off!

You do know where to treasure don't'cha 8-)

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.