[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Raven Arms 25 Auto (1985)

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:35 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Don't what they are worth today but I bought a new one back in the 90s and gave to a lady friend and only paid $49 and tax for it. Was supposed to get it back when she died but didn't say anything about it to her children.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:57 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

heck, hold on to it. ravens make the gun grabbers cry like none other.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

those are 'cute' i think i need a pocket pistol , that should be easy to conceal in my dress slacks at work

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

They may be cute, but I'd really shy away from carrying one for actual self-defense. Their reliability is notoriously bad. An LCP or Kel-Tec would be a much better investment.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 am 
LCDR
LCDR

Watch this one.But I see them go as high as $100.00. I had several over the years for 50.00 ans traded them off.Ive been watching them for my brother in law who wants one for dog safety when he takes his daily walk.He had his stolen by his son and sold.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =154869539

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:27 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I have one that was given to me. Broken firing pin cost $10 to replace. About the only good it is (my opinion) is the $50 gift certificate you could get at the gun turn in.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:12 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:58 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Run a piece of duct tape down the grips and across the mag. Over the years i have come across a bunch of them and almost everyone dropped the mag when you shot it after a while. Back when I drove a cab at night I used to come across them a lot, figured it would be a good HOG, until I learned the problem with the mags falling out, and had it happen to me a few times with different guns.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm 
OUTLAW

by the time you use 3 rolls of duct tape it has paid for itself :jmp:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:03 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

+1 on the firing pin. Dry firing is a bad idea with these - the pin very soon breaks.

That & I am just not a fan of the 25 acp. SW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:01 am 
Opinionated Old Fart

...I wouldn't trust your life to it...definitely low end quality and proven unreliable...I wouldn't take 'em at the pawnshop...wouldn't sell 'em, either...if I had one, I'd take it to a buyback and spend the money on ammo...don't sell it to someone you love...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 am 

25 acp war story: Back in the day, I was a state trooper & had occasion to arrest the occasional bad a$$. Got one who had a Mauser 6.35 stuffed in his boot & the judge left me keep it. ( this was a LONG time ago)

So I scored a box of Euro 6.35 ammo & shot it a few times. I really didn't like it because of the magazine safety.

One day before work, I was doing dry fire draw from concealment drills with it in front of the TV. I'd put rack the slide to cock it & put in the empty mag so it would go click. Was drawing on some bad guy on whatever TV show I had on. Draw *click* draw *click* ...ad nauseum.

Then it was time to go to work & I reloaded the mag. Walking from the room, I turned to see the bad-a$$ was sneeking up on the heroine of the program... so I drew & fired... *bang!!* :-o

Krikey! I shot the stinking TV!!! :-o :-( :oops:

But wait... it's still on and I can see it's the same program... no cracks in the tube... Getting closer, I saw a smudge on the aluminum chassis of the TV. I wet my thumb and completely erased it!

Then! Laying on the floor right in front of the TV was the boolet!!! With only faint rifling tracks, it could have been reloaded and used again!!!

Soured me on 25s forever. Soured me on dry fire practice. Soured me on being such an idiot!

So now I do my draw from concealed drills at the range with live ammo. Very carefully. Smallest self-defense round for me is 38 spl +P+.

Thus endeth today's episode of "The adventures of Stupid". SW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:18 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:25 pm 

You could hunt antelope from the back gate of FEW! Not much out there! SW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:40 pm 
OUTLAW

when I was in 1/9 cav the armsroom keeper(part time supply guy) was messing with the 45's and damn if he didn't shoot his desk then the bullet went dinging around in the armsroom.lucky he was in there by himself.
when top found out his armsroom days were over :lol and he had to pay for a new desk :jmp:thats was some funny chit back then hell its funny now. ;)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image