[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - New Dutch police pistol

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Dutch police pistol
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:32 pm 
International Man of Mystery

After some thirty years of use the Dutch police needs to replace some 42.000 Walther P5's and Glock 17's by a new pistol.
The requirements were these:

1) Only permissible controls are trigger, magazine catch and hold open/slide release
2) May not have a safety catch
3) Must be able to fire with the magazine removed
4) The portion of the trigger against which the finger rests during shooting may not consist of multiple parts
5) Magazine capacity at least 15 rounds
6) Trigger pressure must be the same from shot to shot, and the lighter the better
7) There must be at least 3 different sizes of grip or grip inserts available
8) The magazine catch must be accessible from both sides, or be able to be switched for left-handers
9) The slide release/hold open must be accessible from both sides
10) Each weapon must contain an RFID chip containing the weapons details
11) Caliber 9 x 19 mm
12)Picatinny rail on the frame

Problem was that no off-the-shelf pistol fulfills these requirements so it had to be a new design and several manufacturers were in the race.
At the end Sig-Sauer won with the above model, the Sig-Sauer PPNL (Police Pistol Netherlands), based on the existing model P250 DC.
By 2013 all police officers will have their new side arms.

A new orange plastic tip cartridge, called the 9x19mm Action NP (Netherlands Police), has been developed by RUAG (Switzerland) for their new service weapon. The 9mm NP features a 94 grain (6.1 gram) solid copper hollow point bullet with a plastic cap inserted into the hollow. The primer of these cartridges has a special forensic additive to be able to identify the gun it was fired with.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wonder how they get the firearm signature from the forensic primer stuff ?

cool techy aspect that im intrigued with but how does that orange bit figure in ? is there a purpose other than ID and smooth cambering ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:36 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I'm surprised they wanted a rail. I'm not a big fan of hanging too much stuff on a pistol. I am glad to see no magazine safety - those aren't good for much. Every Browning Hi Power I've ever owned lost the magazine safety as soon as I got it home.

We need those P5s to hit the American market! ;) SW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:00 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

RFID chip, God save us all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:56 am 
The Knife
The Knife

This is not good news for the USA. The loonies want all of that stuff built into all guns here.

With that RFID chip built into the gun they don't have to examine the gun to know the details of where and who it was purchased.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:10 am 
OUTLAW

sig builds a excellent pistol and your policemen will be well armed.not sure about the ammo thing but I guess they have a reason for using it.with a bullet that lite it should be hi-velocity hp round.will the ammo be sold to the people or just a cop round?.
pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:14 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:19 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:06 pm 
OUTLAW

y'all need to be like the Texas rangers just shoot them/kill them. :lol they are not much into talking.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:58 pm 

I've never met a Texas Ranger, but reading your post this means |I'm very lucky.
I did see your MP's at work once.
It's not really a Dutch approach, but I have to admit.......very effective. :bigrin:

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:30 pm 
Major
Major

the rail is good for mounting a light so they have the other hand free!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:11 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:45 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

martin , i like that round , its a good thing to be able to interrogate those that are involved in planning / that's the left side of my brain thinking obviously :-?

but the right side of my brain is thinking with pete , dead is done , we needn't deal with them further , :D

im not a "pro-leathel force in every instance" type of guy but i do think there are a lot of repeat offenders that repeat because we[the courts] are too lenient in dealing with them ,

ill not dwell on it , but i see in the BBC everyday that "life" is a small sentence for those that take one and that ruin one in their crimes , if there is no punishment there is no incentive ,

YET- i can hear the words of my father here , "if you are a criminal you deserve what you get , good people dont have to deal with these things" ,

but today is not the 1950s - his words made sense to me then , today crimes are ascribed a symbolic level of significance and that often does not fit with my fathers [or mine] significant indignation ,

needless to say im with pete and the texas rangers on this - use the bullet to get the job done a lot less hassle in the end ,

if on the other hand this "tip" was intended to aid cambering in a confident manner , im all for the reliability of the weapons used by our / and everyone elses military and police , they all have more than enough to worry about these days

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 am 
OUTLAW

thats why I couldn't ever be a cop.I would end up going on a call and some freak that had been messing with little kids ect wouldn't make it to jail.

pete

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:12 am 

Pete, I think the two of us would get along very well.
I respect our Dutch laws , but sometimes I wish we had a Texas Ranger to straighten things out. :bigrin:

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:46 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The 250 is 'modular' in that the frame is a 'unit' that can be switched out between several different sized 'grip modules' and slides. One pistol can go from a full size (pictured) to a compact to a sub-compact within a few minutes. The RFD chip would be contained in the 'grip module'. Over here you can get these in 9, 40 S&W, 357 Sig or 45 acp. All for LESS than a Glock!!!

Here is a pic of their "2Sum" set. It is a full size with a sub-compact grip module, slide & barrel. This set up is under $700!

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:56 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:40 pm 
Major
Major

"one riot one ranger"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i agree pete and yes martin a texas ranger or two can clean up 'dodge' , we do have a tradition for both carrying firearms here and keeping the peace ,

bruce - thats a nice set of pistols , i gotta get past the need for metal before i buy it but its interesting for sure