Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Walther P1?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Anyone got 'em or like them?

A couple years ago we were at a gun shop and looking for something for my wife, for some reason she liked the P1 and no amount of me trying to talk her out of it was gonna change her mind, she wanted it. One trip to the range and it has been sitting in my drawer pretty much ever since. The only reason I even still have it is because it is the only 9mm I own and it is cheap to shoot and I can always find ammo. It is the usual deal you see in the shops with a holster and extra mag. Well now I see the price has gone up on them a bit. So I am thinking trading it down at my local shop for a little 22 auto to stick in my get out of town bag or woods walking. What I am asking I reckon is should I dump it or hang on to it?

Post subject: Re: Walther P1?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:06 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

IMHO: Hang on to it and just nuy the extra if you want one.
The P38 (P1) is a classic, you don't want to sell it.
Brgds, A

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:49 am 
OUTLAW

BR this should give you a idea on price.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... 9mm+Pistol

last time I was in germany they sold them at the rod & gun club.reworked by walther MINTY with the holster and extra mag.these were german army issue and a few were police issue.
when I got short I sent the paper work back to ATF and they refused import on mine :twisted:.on my green form the stated it was too easy to make it into a full auto pistol???.WTF
anyways for ammo I shot geco 9mm 124 gr fmj in mine as it was the cheapest ammo over there.it good ammo if you can find it.its warmer than the american ammo.
BTW keep it if you can.
pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:52 am 
The Knife
The Knife

That would be a nice addition to keep the P-38 company IF I only had some money.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:23 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Yeah Pete I saw that ad and that was what got me thinking it might be worth trading or selling at my local shop, that is more than I paid for mine at Gangster Mountain :-o From what I found out mine is an ex Police gun. I just don't like that long Walther trigger, and don't have a 22 auto pistol, and right now don't have the money to buy anything. I will probably just keep it in the desk, because I know I will be kicking myself as soon as I get rid of it.
It cycles fine with the Winchester white box and some stuff I get from space coast bullets, and seeing as I have about 500 rounds for it I might as well keep it for now.

Thanks guys I almost did something stupid.