[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Wtb older buck knife

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wtb older buck knife
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:12 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Well not nessesarily "yesterday's" weapons but I am looking for a buck 110 knife. Don't really care what year. I used to have one that was stolen when I was a kid and just miss it so I figured I see if anyone has one on here they would be willing to part with. I can spend roughly $20.

Thanks for looking!

Post subject: Re: Wtb older buck knife
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:42 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I've an older one you can have for five busks postage. Pics tomorrow to make sure it's what you want. SW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:12 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:27 pm 

Finally found it. As well as I recall, this was in a box of gun show junk I bought for one money. Never carried it - just greased the blade with deer tallow & put it away.

I just want a fiver for postage. Keep in mind it's not perfect. SW

Snow 008 (796x1024).jpg
Snow 008 (796x1024).jpg [ 240.55 KiB | Viewed 11755 times ]

Snow 009 (1024x242).jpg
Snow 009 (1024x242).jpg [ 150.28 KiB | Viewed 11755 times ]

Snow 010 (1024x254).jpg
Snow 010 (1024x254).jpg [ 158.28 KiB | Viewed 11755 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:29 am 
The Knife
The Knife

That would be good to carry in case you hit a deer while driving.

If he doesn't want it can I have second dibs?

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:34 am 

Sure! SW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

if he does want it - i have one ill give the same deal on RAD just let me know where to send it .... watabmike@[nospam]yahoo.com ,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:32 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Email sent.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

got it - responded , its in the mail tomorrow my friend , do not send me anything , im just glad it has a good home ,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:59 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...I'll take 'orphans to good homes free' too....'specially guns... :grin: :rotflma: ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:18 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

luv ya mario - but none out for adoption yet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:45 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Thanks A square 10. It will have a good home.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:38 pm 
Major
Major

Now I am going to have to look for mine. I think I got one for my birthday one year...about 40 years ago....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

should be there about now ............

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:42 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Don't know if you'll see this or not, but that is a 1968-1972 tang stamp on that knife. Buck reversed the writing in '73 and added the model number.

http://www.knifecollector.net/BuckKnifeDates.html

Some HARD steel in that blade. I've got the one I bought at the PX in Subic Bay and carried all through my WestPac days and have carried it since. Cut my way out of a tight spot in Olangapo one night with it too.

Great old knife at great price. Take care of it and it will outlast the grand kids.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:01 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Carried one while on my " river boat " days......didn't t they have a leather sheath?
Found out that it was a good knife....that smooth blade wasn't much good for cutting nylon rope.....you need the newer serrated blades....can't remember where mine got off too.....I suffer from CRS these days.....

Paris
Paris
Paris

Not.....I'm ok! :jmp:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:17 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl