[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - WTB 9mm largo ammo

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB 9mm largo ammo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:48 pm 
Major
Major

Looking for 9mm largo ammo, found a place real cheap in Oklahoma but they won’t ship. Just picked up a destroyer carbine.

Post subject: Re: WTB 9mm largo ammo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:06 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Found some....... but at those prices, I'd seriously recommend reloading

https://shop.ammo-one1.com/9mm-Largo_c188.htm

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.ph ... -9mm-largo

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:34 pm 
Major
Major

Ya the place in OK had noncorrosive for $10 25rd box.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Ouch, appears reloading is the way to go!

"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist"
Victoria 1899

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 pm 
Major
Major

As far as the case size goes there are several that fit this. These are suggested sources of reloading brass. I would not use commercial loaded ammo due to pressure specifications. I don't know whether the case of some would fit due to the semi rim.

9mm Largo rimless Starline makes all of these brass types.

Both of the following are the same length, but have a slight rim. Beware that the 38 super is loaded to higher pressure specs.
38 colt.
38 super

38 Winchester magnum. Again this is loaded to a higher pressure.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:40 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Does this do you any good? SW

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread ... Ammunition

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:17 am 
Major
Major

A little pricey, graf and sons sells new 25rd boxes for $35, trying to find it cheap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:10 pm 
Major
Major

New brass = .20 ea.

Primer = .02- .03 ea.

powder = .03

bullet = .15-.20

The first load would be $0.40- .45 each. The second load would be 20-25 cents each.

This is based on new brass at 500 for $100.00

Box of 25 for about $11.00 using new brass
Reloaded with ofb about $6.00

Sure costs more to reload than it used to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Double cavity 125 gr .356" mold - $20
Six cavity 125 gr. .356" mold - $39

Wheel weights - practically free

knocks the price down significantly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:35 pm 
Major
Major

Used wheel weights are getting more difficult to find since they switched to zinc weights.

The next best thing is to get the plated bullets on sale. They can be had for 10 cents each. No lead in barrel.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:40 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

https://www.snscasting.com/
I use these, a lead bullet with a polymer coating. About 8-9 cents a bullet for my .357 SIG 125 grain running at 1365fps, not fouling from the bullets.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Next time I drive up to Canton, I'm stopping into Harbor Freight, and get a jug of powder coat.

I have an old toaster oven sitting around, going to try this myself.

Lots of vids on YouTube about it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:37 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

The ones I'm using are a polymer ( plastic ) coating. Some of the guys I know are driving them at .357 Magnum velocity and having no issues. I know that some people are powder coating, but I haven't seen any reports on how the powder coating holds up compared to the polymer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Powder coat is typically a thermoset polymer.

Reports are no leading with powder coated, eliminates the need for lube

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

good to know glad he asked of them , no experience on my end , shooting mostly straight cast ,