Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Three rifles for sale
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:46 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

8-) None of which I really want to sell, but I haven't shot them in a long time and hope to get a righteous CCW roscoe.

Anyway. #1 is a 1904/39 Portugese Vergueiro in 8x57 caliber showing the Carlos I cypher. I have shot this around 300 rounds, and it shot very well - a slick action, too. All the numbered parts I can find match. Old CAI import with mark under the barrel.

Down side: when in hot sunlight, the stock BLEEDS oil. I treated part of the stock with whiting and that worked, but the rest of the stock needs the treatment, too. Stock is cracked on both sides at the recoil bolt but has remailed stable with the mastadon whacker 8mm loads I shot. And the barrel needs a good cleaning as it's green at the muzzle. Good strong rifling, though. A worthy artifact of the old Portugese colonial empire.

$150 + 20 to ship.

#2 is a Peruvian Mauser with lange sight and SIG barrel. I shot this a little and meant to mess around with light cast loads but just didn't make the time. I can only find one number, but I assume that it's not matching.

Good bore with strong rifling - also needs scrubbed. The hand guard shows damage at the front and moved around during firing. Little original finish remains. Marks have been scrubbed except for a couple Argentine "hand shakes". As far as I know, this is an antique = no C&R. $275 + 20 to ship.

#3 is a Steyr M.95M in 8x57 with ties to Tito's commie partisans. Or so the star with hammer & sickle on the stock would seem to indicate. Damage on left side of stock as shown is fire damage - flamethrower? Fell in the campfire somewhere in the Balkans? We will never know, but I find it intriguing. A complete mis-match.

This one has the best bore I've seen on an M.95M with strong rifling and no pitting that I have found. I fired it with moderate cast loads & it was accurate. Comes with a Riceone extractor and internal clip. Also a PPSh sling like a gen-u-ine partisan would use. 8-) The buyer should not fire with hot milsurp ammo as I make no guarantees how long the extractor would last with that stuff. No problems at all with cast loads - easy extraction & loading. I think I had to bump the bolt a couple times to get it into battery, but that is fairly common for this model. $175 + 20 to ship

All questions are very welcome and specific pics on request.

**edit to remove an all matching Kropatschek long rifle**

Excellent condition = VG+ bore which slugs right at .330" so the new owner can use cast bullets meant for M.95 Steyr. The only down side is a heavy trigger. I won't use too many adjectives about the relative availability of an all matching Kropatschek other than 'when was the last time you saw one?' SOLD

Some slick fellow from Ala talked me into trading it for a 10.4 Vetterli + $.

Pics Tues or Wed when I return from work. SW

**I'll leave these rifles up here for a few days so you folks can have first whack at them then off-a to auction they go.**

Attachments:
for sale 002.jpg
for sale 002.jpg [ 35.89 KiB | Viewed 2857 times ]
for sale 003.jpg
for sale 003.jpg [ 26.48 KiB | Viewed 2859 times ]
for sale 004.jpg
for sale 004.jpg [ 82.47 KiB | Viewed 2857 times ]
for sale 008.jpg
for sale 008.jpg [ 80.46 KiB | Viewed 2857 times ]
for sale 010.jpg
for sale 010.jpg [ 30.15 KiB | Viewed 2857 times ]
for sale 012.jpg
for sale 012.jpg [ 79.74 KiB | Viewed 2856 times ]
for sale 014.jpg
for sale 014.jpg [ 81.49 KiB | Viewed 2856 times ]
for sale 015.jpg
for sale 015.jpg [ 81.04 KiB | Viewed 2857 times ]
for sale 016.jpg
for sale 016.jpg [ 79.94 KiB | Viewed 2857 times ]
for sale 018.jpg
for sale 018.jpg [ 80.35 KiB | Viewed 2854 times ]
for sale 019.jpg
for sale 019.jpg [ 81.81 KiB | Viewed 2854 times ]
for sale 022.jpg
for sale 022.jpg [ 37.25 KiB | Viewed 2854 times ]

Post subject: Re: Four rifles for sale
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:49 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Hey

Where is the Kropatschek photos? :bigrin:

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:08 am 

Dang! I knew I forgot something! As soon as I get back from work next time. SW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Old age is a bummer!

At least I have an excuse with my brain owie and meds!

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin