[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - WTB

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:50 pm 
PFC
PFC

WTB a no5m1 bayonet and scabbord thanks

Post subject: Re: WTB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wish i had a spare , if i see one available ill tag ya ,

be carefull - if you want a real no5 it will be a WSC or a "P"poole ,
the RFI versions are real but not period nor true , you will pay a fair amount for this ,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

per your message , id overlooked the vinners and elkington , their production was low in comparison to wilkinsons , and ive not seen eather of these , ive also not seen the radcliffs but these were assembled and finished only from parts by 7 other subcontractors ,

there were in fact two versions of these - single screw scales and double scale screws but both were mkI versions ,

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:19 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Tell me about my $10.00 bayonet,Please.

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:16 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....looks like a formerly long but cut down M1 Garand bubba'd chromed or silver painted bayo to me made by United Farm and Hoe and stamped in 43...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

that would be fork and hoe if it were real - im sorry - that ordinance mark looks fake to me ........but i could be wrong :( , but i dont think so - "its a jungle out there"

and in second look i think i am - it would be a cutdown [E1] , but the tip is off , and the chrome is what thru me - i think

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:23 am 
LCDR
LCDR

I got lost there so is it fake? what is E1.
I'm not to knowable on these.
They were always to much for my budget.
I have a bunch of the more common bayonets.I never got to into them.You can tell the good ones by all the bids you see on them.

Its got a fake scabber coming so im not hurt at all for $10.00..

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:53 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i think i misspoke , i think its real and the E1 is the cutdown long M1905s , i apoligise for speaking before i thought , but there was something that looked a bit off and i cannot put my finger on it ,

i believe your bayonet is correct ,

ill refrain from sticking my foot in my mouth in the future , however i left the post [did not delete] because im still not certain , id need to see it in person next to known items to be 100% ,

is that fair ?

i think you did a good deal - no way you can get hurt on it ,

AND - i apoligise for hijacking this thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:06 am 
LCDR
LCDR

Good deal :D ,as i was walking out the door it was on a table + they were packing up to close the show.I asked some women behind the table.She said hows 10 bucks.So I snatched it .Niles Ohio gun show.

I knew I was going to get the deal.Thank you for letting me ride on your knowledge.I don't always take books for being correct.The market changes to fast and who knows who wrote the story.Its you guys that got the poop on it.Hands on.

:roll: I didn't even try the poop in the hand joke it just fell out.. :crzy: :rotflma: :hah:

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:27 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:56 pm 
Major
Major

At first I suspected a fake also, but it is real. It has been ruined as a collector piece, shortened further from the original 10" blade and chromed. But it was a real one...It is Union Fork and Hoe

Attachments:
23-09.jpg
23-09.jpg [ 71.17 KiB | Viewed 7177 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

there you go , thanks M14man ,

its hard to tell those ordnance marks , they are tuff enough in person with all the fakes/foreign contracts out there , let alone in photos that arent really nice closeups , but add that refinish and it gets really hard ,

the tip has been buggered a bit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 am 
LCDR
LCDR

I thought it might have been chromed for a honor guard gun or parade gun,its not share ether. Thats my M O i start cheap and end up spending my Way to the top grade stuff.
Its almost like a drug..But I know you guys know your hooked also. :D

My friend in the legion has a white belt with a black holster for his 45 but no bayonet ans scabbier I was thinking it would look good on his belt.at 85 the short blade might work out better for him..

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:47 pm 
Grand Pooh-Bah
Grand Pooh-Bah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:36 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Sorry i never noticed it was in the classifieds.Pleas excuse me.

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:32 pm 
Grand Pooh-Bah
Grand Pooh-Bah

Don't worry Johnny. You aint the only runner on this track. :lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well , so far ive not come accross a no5 bayo for him yet , but im looking

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:35 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The point could have been rounded for a safer cadet honor guard use.

I remember an incident where an honor guard accidently stabbed a dignitary in the eye when the dignitary had begun to stiffle a sneeze and the guard thought he was hand signaling for him to hand over his rifle for inspection. He raised the rifle just as the victim bent forward to sneeze. a real screw up there.
I forget who the victim was but I think he was a cabinet member of some sort. That was in the 1960's I think. A magazine phot caught what happened just as the blade hit his eye. I think they were able to save the eye.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

all i have found so far is the IMA-USA repro --
http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/2303

i think i might ber inclined to buy this and canabilize parts as the real deal is running high these days for legit ones

example-
16853 BRITISH NO. 5 MARK 2 BAYONET & SCABBARD FOR SMLE "JUNGLE CARBINE" - (Janzen 62-2) These are very difficult to find, and many are repros made in India from more common blades. This is an original made by Wilkinson Sword Company as indicated by the WSC and inspector marks on the blade. This is the usual type with two screws holding the walnut grip scales. Typical bright polished blade and painted hilt, with several coats of green paint. Blade has a couple spots of staining, and typical British practice was to polish them bright and keep them that way, so some loving scrubbing with really fine emery cloth would be make this look even better. Scabbard has a number of rusty spots that need to be cleaned and would really look much better with a fresh coat of “British Black” paint. Scabbard has the same S294 maker code as the blade, which is nice. Hard to find these, the first we have found in quite a while. $225.00 (View Picture)

example-
BA-100 Lee Enfield Bayonet No. 5, (Jungle Carbine), BA100 $245.00 Add to Cart
Arsenal refinished in 1980s and reissued for use on Sterling SMG. EXC