[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - French Mas 49/56 for sale (pics added) ------SOLD------

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:49 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

Bought this awile back from Bruce and I'm needing to sell now..
I hate the thought of having to sell it or any other gun :-( but I need the cash. It's in beautiful unissued condition.. I have 3 mags for it..
$400

Last edited by old king cole on Sat May 01, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:51 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

Oh and Stenzilla... You have first dibs on it if interested..
I know that you mentioned when Bruce first posted it for sale that if buyer bailed you wanted it...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:38 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

I really thought I'd have some takers in this rifle..
I took it to one of the local gun shops that actually have a decent amount of military and they had never saw a Mas before.. They were not interested :-(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:08 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....lotsa folks short on cash these days too....I just scrounged up the funds for wifey and I's CCW classes that has been put off for more than a year(which we passed by the way... :bigrin: ),and then the funds for all the ammo we went thru and replacing it so our 'inventory' remained level( :lol )-and then the licsence fees for both....so there went a batch of fun money :roll: ....
....but notwithstanding that,French MAS doesnt fit into my collection interests anyway :-? ...sorry ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:44 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

Yeah, I figured I'd give Stenzilla first shot at since he was interested in it also and I've tried to send him e-mail and not quite sure if it went through.. He just may have already found himself one.
He hasn't chimed in yet so I'm guessing he hasn't been in to visit the forum..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:32 pm 
Major
Major

Where are the pics???? We need pics :crzy: :crzy: :crzy: :crzy:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:06 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

pics added

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:34 pm 
Major
Major

Very nice! is this in original 7.5 french or is it a CAI 7.62 308 conversion?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:37 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

Original 7.5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

King Cole and I chatted about this rifle, we did not come to an understanding about how to ship. Let me explain:
When I recieved my 03FFL in 2002, I called the ATF for further info on the Bound Book, I was told then not to bother with it, just to try and keep track of my buys and sells. When I let it expire in 2008, I called ATF again to ask if I should return my Book, I was told not to send it in, it would be returned or discarded. Therefore, I really have no use for the Book, License or anything related to C&R guns during the course of buying or selling. 01 firearms are a different animal, I follow the rules concerning them. I would buy the Mas 49/56, if it were put in a box and shipped.
I personally don't blame King Cole for doing what he thinks is right, I have had two occaisions when I was told by an official not to bother. Zilla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:14 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

King Cole will not ship directly to me, wants to go through a dealer, sorry I left that out. I will not pay a dealer to transfer a C&R gun, simple as that. I mentioned that was a deal-killer. I have had several deals with members of this forum, and the other Yesterday's forum, sans an ffl of any type, they will go nameless.
No hard feelings, no longer interested as well, thanks for thinking of me. Zilla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:11 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:32 am 
Major
Major

He is not admitting to a crime , what he is saying is that he has a C&R license and this is a C&R gun so it can be shipped to him, but king only wants to send it to an FFL 1.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:09 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Sorry, I must have misunderstood, I thought he stated his C&R expired in 2008. If he has his C&R there is no problem shipping directly to him. I wouldn't want to pay extra to go through a dealer either.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:32 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

I just didn't want to take any chances knowing his C&R expired. The govt says they don't care so much now but can change their minds in a drop of a hat. I was just playing it safe is all

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:42 pm 
Major
Major

Well an expired C&R is not good , so I would say you made the right decision. Wish it had the scope and the accessory's. I might bite!