[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Steyr 95 8X50R

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steyr 95 8X50R
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:46 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I saw one of these for sale and as usual I know nothing about these. The picture shows the 4 digit serial followed by an "I".....it looks really nice from the pics but would need to see more. The stock appears to be walnut with some nice striping.....says it is all matched except for the butt plate. What can anybody tell me about these? What to look for? Worth? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Steyr 95 8X50R
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:11 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

These are a handloading proposition since just about all the original ammo is gone. Luckily, brass is easily made from 7.62.54R. I have extra brass on hand if you get one. I use mild cast loads.

The 8x50r goes for more than the more common M.95 in 8x56r. I'd say in the 200 - 250 range.

Watch for CE or AOI marks = colonial Italian rifles. SW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:29 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

It also has a bayonet that was purchased later....it says it was sold by the son of a local (to him) deceased veteran. Also includes a box of "nazi marked ammo in nazi marked clips in a nazi marked box"
(his words). What does the CE and AOI mean exactly? bad?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:53 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Then it's an 8X56 conversion not in original chambering. If it is a carbine not a cut down long rifle (short rear sight vs. long scrubbed & renumberd sight) now they are in the 150-190 range depending on condition. If it is a cut down 80-160. If it's a long rifle that escaped the 'cut' then these can go pretty high. I've seen them go close to 500 (in excellent cond) but that was before the recession.

If you do get it but a little padding between it & your shoulder when firing. These have a tendacny to make your fillings rattle :lol

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:17 am 

AOI = Italian East Africa & CE = Colonial Army.

Bruce speaks the truth - these recoil with vigor when using commercial or surplus ammo. If you decide you couldn't live without one, I have a spare @ $100 with 2 clips. No freight cost for the same county! ;) I might even have some commercial grade ammo, but it's hot and backs up a right-smart when you press the trigger.

It shoots to the sights however. SW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:51 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I should just relax and watch for a nice walnut K31 to go with my beech.....or a friend for my beautiful Swede ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:58 am 

That's probably a good idea! SW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:30 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Hey Hogger....didn't see your post before I sent mine. I might like to take you up on that! The price sounds like it wouldn't hurt me and it would be nice to do a little business with someone from the forum again! I just really have a soft spot for old rifles....let me know!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:40 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

decissions - decissions - dicissions

got this from aim today .............

Swiss 1896/11 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin Rifle

Original Swiss Surplus 1896/11 7.5x55mm Swiss caliber Schmidt Rubin Straight pull Rifle. The unique straight pull action combined with the incredible Swiss craftsmanship make these one of the most sought after surplus rifles available today. These are used military surplus rifles, please allow for metal finish and wood stock wear as pictured. Mechanically they are in Excellent condition.
Price: $269.95ea
FFL/03 C&R License Required
Swiss 1911 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin Rifle

Original Swiss Surplus 1911 7.5x55mm Swiss caliber Schmidt Rubin Straight pull Rifle. The unique straight pull action combined with the incredible Swiss craftsmanship make these one of the most sought after surplus rifles available today. These are used military surplus rifles, please allow for metal finish and wood stock wear as pictured. Mechanically they are in Excellent condition.
Price: $299.95ea
Swiss 1911 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin Carbine

Original Swiss model 1911 7.5 Swiss caliber K11 Carbines. These unique rifles were issued to the Swiss Calvary, Artillery Units, Bicycle troops, and Balloon companies to name a few. Identical to the model 1911 Rifle except in overall Barrel Length. Please allow for metal finish and wood stock wear as the pictures show. Mechanically they are in Excellent condition.
Price: $249.95ea
Swiss K31 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin Carbine

Original beech stock Swiss K31 7.5 Swiss Caliber Schmidt Rubin Carbines. The unique straight pull action combined with the incredible Swiss craftsmanship make these one of the most sought after surplus rifles available today. These Rifles are world renowned for their Superior Accuracy. These are used military surplus rifles, please allow for metal finish and wood stock wear as pictured. Mechanically they are in Excellent condition.
Price: $269.95ea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:27 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:00 pm 

Ellie,

I'm gone a lot but could meet up with you some place in your town. Target or staples parking lot for example. $100 & I'll see about more than 2 clips & a little ammo. I don't think I have a bayonet left. I peddled 3 or 4 on gunbroker last year. SW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:42 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Thanks to all ! I'll check out aim...

Hogger, sent you a PM.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:09 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

When they say they'll handpick for an extra 20 bucks is it worth it or is it BS? I've seen it on other sites too and always wondered..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:01 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The 'hand pick' options are done at the importers. They take ones with less external wear & mark the box. When the sellers give the option of hand pick, they grab a box that is so marked. Not what most think. I always had a vision of a worker laying out rifles & going over them with a fine tooth comb. Not the case. Ellie I have a really nice walnut one here if you send me an e-mail I can get you pictures. Just ask 'old king cole' here on the forum, he's been drooling over this one for years :lol

I would take up Hogger on his M95 though, they are great rifles for a collection & he wouldn't give anyone a raw deal!

(Then he needs to send me all of his 8X50 rifles/ammo & throw in some 303 Savage to boot!)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:48 am 

You have all my 303 Sav, Comrade Fearless Leader! :P Well, except for the stuff I made from 220 Swift. Rim geometry is way less than perfect, but it goes bang every time you yank the trigger.

Another common "hand pick" method is to grab the best of the first five in the rack. SW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:04 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

ET2ss...thanks for schooling a noob on the handpick, that's exactly the picture I had in mind hahaha! I'll send you an email, I'd love to see that one of yours.
Now you know why I avoided the forum for awhile....ahhhh, the temptation is so great!
I'm really looking forward to meeting up with Hogger....Christmas is coming early :grin: :grin:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:42 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

it could be worse you know , instead of being among us honest , friendly , YW forum members , you could be out on another less desireable and unscrupulous one ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:51 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...well from the time I posted that AIM link for the walnut last night until now-they've already sold out :-o ....just like I said... :rotflma:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

really ? wow , those went fast , somebody is buyin out there ........

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I suspect these are PW import marked and actually coming in through Dan's Ammo. He has been scouring the Swiss shooting clubs buying up anything he can get. Problem is it's all limited numbers. The arsenals emptied out with the 'waves' of the K31's a few years back.