[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Hello thread, except focused around the M95

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:43 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Hallo alle!
I hope you don't mind a zoomie joining the group. Never been able to experience the original forum golden days, but they certainly ain't dead yet!

Introduction aside, I've gotten my first non-.22 gun about 7 months back as a gift from my parents. For a few years, I was super into this game called Battlefield 1, which is set around the WW1 time period. Came across a weapon in-game called the "M95", and thought it was quite the interesting piece because it was a straight-pull bolt action rifle- which was something I had never heard of, let alone seen. That, and the weapon fed from a 5-round en-bloc. Come Christmas time a few years later (2021), I finally had one.

It only spiraled downhill from there. Now I'm looking for a bayonet to put on the rifle and want to document all of the markings and variations of the weapon for future use, because specific details seem to be hard to come by on the internet. In my search for information, I came across a forum post containing all the currently-known markings for the clips. This thread had a pointer to this website, saying that there was quite the amount of M95 information to be had. Came here, signed up for my first forum and voila, I've joined the ranks.

If you have any information on markings or any images that you would like to share for my reference project, that'd be much appreciated! ^-^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:56 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Hello and welcome to the site! Several years ago there was a diehard M.95 guy here with a ton of information. Unfortunately, he had it all in his desktop which bonked. It was backed up? Sadly, no.

He used to field questions from memory but melted down over a trivial matter and disappeared never to be seen again. He had his own site for a while, but it's gone now, too.

I tried collecting M.95 variations for a while but gave it up a few years ago. These days, I only watch for Colonial Italian M.95s and have a number of those that Italy got as reparations from Austria-Hungary after WW1.

I even gave my Steyr book away but will gladly show pics of my Italian Steyr & Budapest AOI examples. SW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:11 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

welcome !!!

not my cup of tea (US and UK collector) but I have bought and sold (I am a dealer) to a lot of Gamers that wanted to actually shoot and have what they used online,

fantastic, I think that is!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:25 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:24 am 

Here you go! It's available online from a variety of vendors. SW
pic1a.jpg
pic1a.jpg [ 46.67 KiB | Viewed 2876 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:26 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

(I forgot to hit send for about a day after I typed this message, struggled to get pictures in)

Thank yah! I love these sorts of books, gonna get it after I get my chest rig for airsoft. Here, I'll post my M95, see what markings yours may have since you said you have a few. Comparing and contrasting is always fun ^-^

Showing clear with a flag ;)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10cHdix ... sp=sharing

Import marks, Bulgarian conversion numbered 8025T.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A0Jgkj ... sp=sharing

Spitzer conversion marking. You can't see it in the photo but there are little serifs on the ends of the 'S', confirming that this is a Bulg conversion.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y00kl_ ... sp=sharing

Sling is on the left side of the rifle, as was standard for Bulgarian-converted M95's. Not sure how to even use a sling oriented like that. Front sight of the barrel is slightly canted to the left, once again confirming that it's a cut-down long rifle. Mine IS, however, Austrian built. I tried to take a picture of the tiny Imperial Eagle markings but they barely showed in the images as more than circles. Built in 1917 in the factory in Wien.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:51 pm 

For outright Bulgarian, I think I still have one of the long rifle trainers with milled out chamber. Even has a little black paint remaining. I'll try for a pic if I can find it. (my #2 gun room/dark room/general storage room is a bit disorganized). I know I have an M.95/24 in there somewhere, too. SW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:53 pm 

Forgot to mention if you like Carcanos, I wrote the 1st English language book on the topic & might have a copy laying around... somewhere. SW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:39 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Oh I do! Have yet to shoot one, but my favorite version of the Carcano--aesthetically speaking--would the be the carbine with the folding bayonet. I found one for a pretty good price from Royal Tiger Imports, and I'm not too concerned with quality considering that this just barely fits the budget anyways:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:38 pm 

I've seen some very interesting markings among the RTI pieces. I've also seen some with nasty damage. Best of luck with it! SW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:57 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I don't know if this would be useful, but I speak German. If you ever need something translated, I'm open to help whenever possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:02 pm 

Great! I've a copy of the German Carcano book if you're interested. Postage only. SW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:07 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:23 pm 

PM me an address - I'll send it and you can hit me back for actual postage. No charge for the book. Herr Reipe doesn't have production charts like the Italian book, but he has obscure information found nowhere else as well as some very interesting pics. SW