[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - M1888/90 (long)

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M1888/90 (long)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:21 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Its only taken me a month and a half,but here she is finally.
Left side
Right side
Action open showing the locking block & lever
Rear volley sight extended
Front volley sight-sorry for the lousy pic,this is the best of about 10 tries !
Business end!
Reciever marking
K on the safety,L on the bolt handle.These marks apper on a lot of the small parts
-TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:38 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Yes! Very nice!! I've been lusting for one quite a while now. SW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:12 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I still owe you a pic of the underneath parts of the rear sight don't I ?

Nice looking rifle! Do you have a macro setting on your camera? That should clear up those close up pics

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:39 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Ah that fine day when you get a new gun... 8)

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:24 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

No real hurry on the pic Bruce.Macro setting???? WAZZAT???My camera is a Kodak CX7530.Guess I'll have to go back to the manual for some advice :lol Now all I gotta do is load some ammo and actually try her out! Any thoughts on the L marks Don?-TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:00 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Darn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:59 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The MACRO setting alows the camera to focus on close ups. The Icon used for this is a Tulip Flower

Here is the link from the owner's manual online

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/ ... -path=2324

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:14 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Yup,thats the setting I've been using Bruce, Guess I need to work on my skills :lol -TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:57 am 

Post subject: Re: M1888/90 (long)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:04 pm 
PFC
PFC

this is great im new to this forum.
i have one of these rifles and i know nothing about it. my father told me his father brought it back from ww11. the only markings on it are the ce with the WG under it. its behind the rear sight and a 244F on the left side of the barrel after the rear sight. And an L behind the triger guard. No other numbers on the outside that i can see. Any info would be great. i would enjoy shooting it but i was told by a gun dealer it is black power and a strait bolt it wouldnt be safe and to hang it on my wall.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:29 pm 

These aren't the strongest action made, but it should be able to be fired with light cast bullet loads. The best news is that 8x50R brass can be made from 7.62x54R brass. Dies are kinda pricey but available from www.buffaloarms.com

If you'd like, I can make you one box ( 20 rounds) of brass @ no charge = I got a pile of 7.62x54R brass in a trade a while back & have dies.

I also have a little trading stock if there's something else on your want list.

PM me your address if the brass sounds like something you would want. I'll bell them & add a few bullets if I still have any cast up. SW

***I'm assuming this is an 8x50R and not an 11mm**

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:21 pm 
PFC
PFC

this is great to talk to someone about this gun.
I also just picked up a mosin-nagant 91/30 7.62x54
and was thinking of getting into reloading. I have never done before but i have friends that do and want me to get into it. If you make me the brass i wouldnt know what to do with it yet. Yes i think its the 8x50r my father still has two or three rounds for it ..he remembers shooting it as a kid. He even took it deer hunting a few times. he said his arms were going to drop off at the end of the day....i bet .....its as heavy as a small tree.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:55 pm 

The offer stands. When you get ready to shoot it or reload, let me know & I'll make a box to get you started. SW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

You will need the clip as well. The marking should be OE over WG Osterreichische Waffenfabriks-Gesellschaft

Steve What do you have in 8X50 that you need to send me ? :bigrin:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:50 pm 
PFC
PFC

it is oe i looked closer...and i have a clip to hold the rounds..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:12 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:12 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

You going to size them down or is it waaaaaaaay oversized?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:52 am 

After I ran 3 clips of .329ers through it & blew some crap out'n the barrel, it mikes right at 338. So I need to cast up some .338 250 grainers & try 'em out...

One of these days. Maybe. If work ever lets up... Unless you want to get brave & try it! ;) SW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Do you need some? I think I have a few 220 gr laying about

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:11 pm 

Nah - I gots a 250 grain 338 mold around here somewhere. I probably won't be casting til after it freezes - the mosqueeties are having a blood drive here. SW