[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - M1888/90 (long)

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: M1888/90 (long)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Do you need some? I think I have a few 220 gr laying about

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:11 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Nah - I gots a 250 grain 338 mold around here somewhere. I probably won't be casting til after it freezes - the mosqueeties are having a blood drive here. SW

Post subject: Re: M1888/90 (long) pics
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:22 pm 
PFC
PFC

http://forums.gunboards.com/attachment. ... 1281999131
http://forums.gunboards.com/attachment. ... 1281999189

Last edited by Daodeg on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:30 pm 
PFC
PFC

http://forums.gunboards.com/attachment. ... 1281999439
http://forums.gunboards.com/attachment. ... 1281999397
http://forums.gunboards.com/attachment. ... 1281999342
http://forums.gunboards.com/attachment. ... 1281999093
http://forums.gunboards.com/attachment. ... 1281999299

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 pm 

AOI??? Dang! Now that is interesting! After WW1, Austria had to give up thousands of rifles as war reparations to Italy. A few thousand of which were of this model.

They were then issued to native levies in East Africa. AOI = Italian East Africa which was Somalia, Eritrea parts of Chad & Soudan.

Just for fun, look on the bottom of the stock for a CAS mark. "Corpo Afro Somali" quite a scarce mark, that.

Also quite scarce is the Italian made 8x50R ammo. SMI was the main ammo factory in Italy then. Also look for that on the clips. Try to keep a couple unfired rounds as they are rare.

Very, very interesting!! SW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:03 pm 
Major
Major

Switch to "M" for manual focus or does Kodak have this feature?? My Canons do and I have to use it sometimes when the autofocus and I disagree on what we want to focus on in macro mode.
:duel:

Last edited by oldernavy on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:04 pm 
PFC
PFC

i only have the one round.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:14 pm 

Not surprising. Just about all the 8x50R ammo made by SMI in Italy was sent to East Africa for the native levies. I'm amazed some actually showed up here.

Yep - I'd put that one up somewhere.

The rifle is in pretty good shape having come from there, too. Most got bounced around & banged up being carried all over the desert - on foot & on camels.

A friend just published a book on Italian militaria & it shows the native levies. They had colorful uniforms - brightly colored wool waistbands accented by a red fez and unique sandals.

(I keep trying to convince et2ss we all need a red YW fez to wear to gunshows, etc but he's a real stick-in-the-mud that way. ;) Too cheep to spring for them. )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:17 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hell I'd wear one (if'n I wasn't so cheap :lol )

Like "Turk" in Kelly's Heroes :Dbounce:

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:10 am 

Woof! :rotflma: SW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:02 pm 
Major
Major

I got one of the shorter straight pulls in 8x50 the m 95.

Also ch4d has 8x50 dies available. Good dies I have em.

The rifle is a joy to shoot!! unlike it's counterpart in 8x56

GG

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

Attachments:
wise lady.JPG
wise lady.JPG [ 256.04 KiB | Viewed 6860 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:40 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thats so cute - looks like id even get along with that dog .........