[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - 1951 K31 and Letter from Soldier.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:17 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

1951 K31:

Service records of previous owner:

His Inventory sheet, top right show my 1951 K3's S/N:

pic of the owner and his service time, radio operator:

Last but not least the letter:

Rough translation, have also spoke with his wife on the phone, Karl only speeks german:

Cordial thanks for your letter and your photos. Finally I come to the one answer to give. For a long time I searched my old photos, then scanning the photos to paper for sending. In addition was going send the letter which I actually wanted to write in English, but had to stop and write in German language.

At my class 1932 you can see that the Militarzeit (Military time/period/service) already zuruckliegt (lies behind me) some years. With 20 years I completed the recruit school and up to the age of 42 years rule-massively refresher courses. I spent 588 days in the Military in this time. Then remained as reserve in the unit and became 1982 with years from the Militarpflicht (military obligation) to dismiss. My militarischer (military adj.) career/development was reaching the NCO degree as Korporal, spater awake master [spater Wach(t)meister {typo} (later Sergeant major). In the year 1964 I became technical Unteroffizer/aide (non-com). On this occasion the carbine was taken in and replaced by a pistol. The weapon, which one uses protecting the service, and one after each refresher course with the whole Ausrustung home nimmit (take), may one keep (keep the service weapon). So I still have my pistol in my possession. The Karbiner has arrived at, reached your possession; in any case, the carbine has come into your possession. I received the Karbiner new in 1952 and was used by me till 1964. In my service I fired thereby about 1000 shot.

I carried my whole service out in the army staff with the Ubermittlungstruppen (transmission troops) as a radio operator. (Fk.Kp = radio operator funker-Kompagnie). The radio Ausrustung (equipment/gear) at that time you can see some photos.

Been retired since 1997, which I with my wife enjoy in good health. My residence in Allschwil is in the northern part of Switzerland, close to the city Basel. In the Sudteil (southern part) of Switzerland. In the Tessin we have a second domicile with large garden and panorama prospect in Gerra Gambarogno more uber the Lago Maggiore.

We have-having two children, a daughter Pia and a son Beat. The daughter is married and has two daughter. The son is still single.

With friendly Grussen

Here are the pics of his home now and the view, don't know if its the same address as the tag or second home:

Last but not least I (wkato) want to thank you all for the chance to share this great expierence. If you have a tag I highly recommend writing a letter.

Wes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:33 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Thats a great idea. Can you share the process you took to do this. I would think it would be great to try this on my 31's I might even try on my 1911's but I think I would have better luck with the later rifles.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:14 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Thanks LoLo for the info. This will be my job tonight and tomorrow if my court gets canceled.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:53 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

........ :D ...fantastic...!!!-and great that the former owner would take the time to not only answer you-but give you all that info... :wink:

Post subject: Contact
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:02 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thanks for hooking up that link for contact info LoLo.

All the info provided by the previous owner sure makes the rifle special.

Wes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:03 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I'll have to give that a try!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.