[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Let's see those swiss rifles.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Thanks TX......I like it alot, I would like to find a nice walnut to keep it company :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:22 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

welcome elliec , thank you for joining us ,

that is a beautiful swiss rifle you have , great start to a fine weapon collection , these are very interesting and im only moderatly literate in the area , my limited experience is some i traded with a good friend for some enfields and krags and the bayos i bought to go with them , but they are truly great shooters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:02 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Some of my K-31's. Top to bottom. 1936, 1952 and a 1948 with a SP clamp on mount and a Nikko sterling 12x44.

jeff

Attachments:
k31c1.jpg
k31c1.jpg [ 35.61 KiB | Viewed 9549 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:31 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Very nice little collection!
I started with a mojo for west german sigs.....then this K31 spoke to me (I had never seen one... or heard of them for that matter) and I just had to have it...and the books to find out about them, now I want more :bigrin:
But then last week I saw this CG 96/38....same thing all over again, had to have it...and the books to read. It should be in this next week and I can hardly wait!
Yesterday I was at a gun show and saw a CG 63....I refrained, but it was interesting and very nice....also quite spendy.
I'm pretty green at this so I'm looking forward to pouring over this forum and learning all I can.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:42 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hey Ellie!

That K31 looks nice! I may be able to help you find the Walnut one you are after ;)

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:04 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

There's none? Not even on the bottom of the barrel near the muzzle?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:18 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:50 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Huh? If you have one that came in before the "Wave" and it has no markings it must be a pre-'68 import. I remember seeing these at shows back around '90 going for BIG BUCKS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:20 am 
OUTLAW

+1 $600.00 and ^ :-o

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:10 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Pardon my ignorance here.....but after reading some of the posts on here about fakes I'm a little freaked out. It is what it is, right? I just thought it was such a beautiful rifle....could I have been that lucky?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

There were some K31's in the country before the recent wave (post 2000) These were pretty expensive (as any good piece of Swiss engineering is) Then when the Swiss Gvt emptied the arsenals on the surplus market, the prices dropped. Even down to less than $100 for nice examples. (These would all be import marked) Now that the arsenals are empty of K31's the prices are shooting back up. ($300 + for nice ones) Not sure about ever hearing of faked K31's, think it would be pretty hard to fake that kind of quality & craftsmanship.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:03 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i never heard of a fake swiss rifle - ever , this would be a surprise to me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:16 am 
Major
Major

I think that it would be a little difficult to fake a Swiss 1911 or K31. It is one thing to remark a mauser, enfield, another to duplicate a unique design produced by one country. I don't think that even the copiers at Darra, Pakistan could make a copy that would pass scrutiny. That receiver is pretty hard and the mechanicals a little difficult to machine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:25 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Well.....I'm a newbie, but thanks for answering my stupid questions without making me feel stupid...I do appreciate your patience ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:34 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:38 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

both the rifle and the bayonets are quite unique in appearance and distinct in quality , they would be extremely difficult to reproduce in remote areas with crude tools ,

these rifles were not widely circulated throughout the world like enfields and mausers ,
there was a time when the ammo here was not too readily available and quite spendy when you did , i doubt there are large surpluses readily available in many locations like there is of the brit and mauser , making messing with them outside of collectors circles less likely ,

we all learn a little from every question , sometimes the really deeply invested amoung us are only reminded of things they forgot , but those of us , like me , learn new stuff :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:00 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well put sir , these are the ones i claim as mine

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:47 pm